should there be retaliation on the spurs

bootfunkzilla

Reaction score
should we bait the spurs into a similar situation by having one of our bench players take out their top three players

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The problem with that is the league will say we retaliated intentionally, and take away our draft picks for the next 10 years. We are allowed to get kicked, but we are not allowed to kick back.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Definitely. Too bad we don't have a Tractor Traylor-type though. If only KT wasn't so important this series....

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I think we should get Pat Burke in there and have him throw Parker or Ginosili into the stands, maybe injuring one of their guys will get the message thru.

Tom777

Reaction score
All I know is, Pat Burke has 6 fouls to give.

I want the Spurs to remember every single one.

Dont hurt anyone, but make Parker think twice about cutting to the lane.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Absolutely! At least take one of their key player out, Duncan or Parker, preferably...

Nasser22

Reaction score
The problem with that is the league will say we retaliated intentionally, and take away our draft picks for the next 10 years. We are allowed to get kicked, but we are not allowed to kick back.
Is that a joke or does that really happen?

If the team can't do it, the fans better.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Colangelo could get on the phone and call Fortson.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
You have to disguise it as a hard, physical play... Swing elbow hard on the face of Parker or Duncan while trying to block or grab rebound. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone like that on our team. I don't expect Burke to be able to pull that one off. But must try.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to disguise it as a hard, physical play... Swing elbow hard on the face of Parker or Duncan while trying to block or grab rebound.

Kobe got suspended for that this year.

No retalaition. The rewards do not match the potential consequences.

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
You have to disguise it as a hard, physical play... Swing elbow hard on the face of Parker or Duncan while trying to block or grab rebound. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone like that on our team. I don't expect Burke to be able to pull that one off.

I'm all for one these "mere coincidences." Maybe if we're lucky Ron Artest will come out of no where and shank Ginobli or something.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in you guys. If you were coaching a Middle School team, and this sort of things happened, would you tell your kids to be thugs back to the other team? I hope not.

The Suns need (and I think will) take the high road. I know you guys are frustrated, and you all want a Championship as badly as I do, but at what cost? I'd rather not win, than win by being dirty cheats like San Antonio.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This is easy..... don't sugar coat it at all. Duncan in the post.... Burke crushes his forearms when he turns to the paint. Then we see what happens next.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Mike Tyson lives in Phoenix I think. Maybe he will threaten to eat their children for us.

OP
OP
B

bootfunkzilla

Reaction score
Good point

I'm really disappointed in you guys. If you were coaching a Middle School team, and this sort of things happened, would you tell your kids to be thugs back to the other team? I hope not.

The Suns need (and I think will) take the high road. I know you guys are frustrated, and you all want a Championship as badly as I do, but at what cost? I'd rather not win, than win by being dirty cheats like San Antonio.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kobe got suspended for that this year.

No retalaition. The rewards do not match the potential consequences.

But I think the point of everything we've seen is that the rewards do exceed the consequences.

If burke goons it up, and injures somebody and he gets suspended, so what? Horry did get suspended, but it means nothing, they got what they wanted.

I cant believe I'm saying this, but yes, if we are about to lose the game tomorrow I would try and hurt one of the key spurs players with a goon (if not burke, jumaine jones is an underrated candidate).

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

At this point, I'm so mad that I don't care. I want an injured Spurs starter. If you don't like it, you can go watch high school basket ball.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Screw retaliation. We need to win. We need to show the Spurs that we aren't afraid of them and their tactics. If we deliberately try to injure or attack one of their players, that makes us no better than they are.

I say NO to retaliation--but YES to winning. Take care of business.

And for the love of God, the Phoenix crowd NEEDS to support the team for the entire 48 minutes!