Simmons' season preview

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This coming season will likely be more entertaining than the past 3 seasons (seasons after the WCF run). And yet idiot Simmons and Rose thought we should hold on to Nash to delay our rebuilding process even further.

this was the only thing I disagreed with. it was an idiotic comment.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched every game last season and for the most part I still enjoyed them. It wasn't as entertaining as most seasons are. In fact, it was probably the least enjoyable season I've watched since getting the NBA League Pass (94?) but I still enjoyed watching the Suns play. I think this season has the potential to be much more entertaining.

Steve

PJ Tucker was one of the most entertaining players to watch last year. His energy and enthusiasm was contagious. Here's a fun highlight reel of Tucker from last year:

http://youtu.be/CPwgxJPDe1Q

Errntknght

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the video SuperB... made my day to watch PJ. I forgot just how relentless he is - on the boards as well as defending.

A while back someone asked me on here if I thought the Suns were going to be a really good defensive team. I remember I said I thought we'd have some lineups that were and now I can simplify it - any lineup with PJ and Bledsoe is going to be very tough defensively. (Dragic going to have fun snatching up all the loose balls these guys cause - he's quick to pounce on them.)

Its too bad we didn't hang on to Telfair - he'd become a pretty good defender near the end of his time here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year Tucker was our best defender at the 2,3 and 4 spots. He was by far the most entertaining player on the court for us. I would have loved to have had him in that second group a few years back with Lou and company. Bowen developed 3 point efficiency later in his career, maybe PJ can copy him. Not the bow tie or the cheap shots, just the outside shooting.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Simmon's take on the Suns, he might be right. My problem is with his attacks on Sarver. Sarver deserves a lot of blame but Simmons is a man on a mission and he doesn't let the truth get in the way of his agenda. Simmons ended up looking the fool when more of the story came out about the CBA negotiations and the fact that it was almost the exact opposite of what he claimed his sources told him. I lost a lot of respect for Bill when he not only didn't man up but continued to bash Sarver with the zeal of a jilted lover. He has no perspective when he talks about the Suns as a result of his anti-Sarver crusade and IMO it's a waste of time to listen to what he says on the subject.

Steve

You are absolutely right, Simmons has had it out for Sarver to a very long time. Remember this article he put out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080501

Out of everything that's been thrown out there, I think that article was what damaged Sarver's reputation the most among not just Suns fans but sports fans in general. Simmons turned everyone against Sarver.

Nash retweeting that article didn't help either.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You are absolutely right, Simmons has had it out for Sarver to a very long time. Remember this article he put out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080501

Out of everything that's been thrown out there, I think that article was what damaged Sarver's reputation the most among not just Suns fans but sports fans in general. Simmons turned everyone against Sarver.

Nash retweeting that article didn't help either.

Nash retweeting the article speaks volumes about how Sarver is perceived throughout the league. We can go through the laundry list of all the stupid things Sarver has done, but on the bright side, he's finally shown a bit of contrition after all his blunders.

I'm glad to see he's finally been humbled a bit, but still look at him with a major jaundiced eye and he has a lot of work to do to improve his image. Right now his reputation is Sterling level, and that ain't good.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, very sloppy journalism. They're about a year behind. They don't know what they're talking about here. Poorly done.

I guess we'll see. I think they got it about right. The Suns aren't going to gift Gortat and Dragic to the Thunder, but Simmons and Rose are right that this is a terrible roster with almost no appealing assets.

You're staying consistent... you've been relentlessly pessimistic about the team the whole summer. I have a totally different view - I haven't been this excited about the team for many years. I like every move McDonough has made - even though the talent level of many of his acquistions is not high they all have possibilities - to contribute to the fastbreak style. The holdovers, except for Dragic and PJ, appear expendable, though this year they'll help in the quest for ping-pong balls. It's not impossible that one of them may come to life playing fastbreak basketball but I'm not betting on it.

You're in for a pleasant surprise.

So who will you blame when the team struggles to win 25 games?

So what say you, Eric? :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake