So I got my new hat.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, they're very nice caps too, I thought. I was up in Phx today and figured I'd stop by the Chase Field team shop. Here's two comparision shots between new and old I took:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I like the new look...aside from the "D-Backs" instead of Diamondbacks. I think I'll need time for it too grow on me.

Offtopic: Dear god, construction around Chase Field and the US Airway Center is terrible.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^They are putting in light rail, and there are a few towers going up. Come back in '08, it'll be awesome!

I prefer the red hat w/ the D myself over the black w/ the A. Question though: any reason you go w/ the adjustable over the fitted hats? I always find the quality of non fitted hats to be far inferior.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I saw a black player-type jersey with the red A the other evening, and it looked pretty good -- saw a pullover red jersey with black, and the color was very much redder and not especially good-looking. I hadn't even noticed the 'd-backs' until someone pointed out that it really should be the full name of the team on the jersey, not 'd-backs,' and I agree. Diamondbacks is such a perfect play on words. But maybe they plan to change the team's name next?

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a black player-type jersey with the red A the other evening, and it looked pretty good -- saw a pullover red jersey with black, and the color was very much redder and not especially good-looking. I hadn't even noticed the 'd-backs' until someone pointed out that it really should be the full name of the team on the jersey, not 'd-backs,' and I agree. Diamondbacks is such a perfect play on words. But maybe they plan to change the team's name next?
I can't remember where, but one of the Dback officials said the reasoning for "d-backs" was that people complained that they couldn't read what was on the old jerseys, hence the large lettering on the new ones. I doubt they are going for a name change. At least, I hope not.

OP
OP
Phxchris1989

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
^They are putting in light rail, and there are a few towers going up. Come back in '08, it'll be awesome!

I prefer the red hat w/ the D myself over the black w/ the A. Question though: any reason you go w/ the adjustable over the fitted hats? I always find the quality of non fitted hats to be far inferior.

* Hopefully I'll be back in Phoenix in '08, I really had a great time yesterday!

I got the adjustable hat becuase they didn't have the pre fitted ones there, or I just didn't pay enough attention. Anyways, I kinda like the adjustable ones, sure they aren't as "real" as the fitted caps w/ the MLB logo but it's just easier, too me.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Baseball diamond.

Ahhh, I see. I was thinking it related to Diamond and backs relating to each other, not diamond relating to something else. I really should shoot for more than 4 hours of sleep a night.