Sometimes it pays to be a Cards fan

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
So today I'm driving into downtown Phoenix during rush hour on the 51. The guy ahead of me slams on the brakes, so I swerve into the HOV lane to avoid a crash, and just ahead of us is a cop. So I haven't even had a chance to get out of the lane before this guy is behind me with lights flashing. We pull over and I explain my case, but he isn't buying it. Then he notices my Cardinals license plate holder.

"Are you really a Cards fan?" he asks with a hint of contempt. "You bet, been all my life," I answer, "ever since growing up in St. Louis." He smirks. "Well, you've paid enough," he says, and let's me off the hook!

That saved me the price of my season ticket. So it's a good day to be a Cards fan!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome Chandler. We should get free everything no matter where we go, just for being brave enough to wear the gear in public. :D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome. He just saved you about $500 and 2 points on your license.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So today I'm driving into downtown Phoenix during rush hour on the 51. The guy ahead of me slams on the brakes, so I swerve into the HOV lane to avoid a crash, and just ahead of us is a cop. So I haven't even had a chance to get out of the lane before this guy is behind me with lights flashing. We pull over and I explain my case, but he isn't buying it. Then he notices my Cardinals license plate holder.

"Are you really a Cards fan?" he asks with a hint of contempt. "You bet, been all my life," I answer, "ever since growing up in St. Louis." He smirks. "Well, you've paid enough," he says, and let's me off the hook!

That saved me the price of my season ticket. So it's a good day to be a Cards fan!

As a Cards fan, this is what would normally happen: Just after you had started the engine to leave, the cop would come running back over and say, "Just kidding!" and write you out a large ticket.

When the officer drives by after writing the ticket, you would see a Cowboys license plate holder on the squad car.

The Shark

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
the fans are the ONLY ones deserving sympathy - Everybody in that org that gets paid deserves contempt - maybe there's a couple players that care...

OP
OP
ChandlerCard

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
When the officer drives by after writing the ticket, you would see a Cowboys license plate holder on the squad car.

If the team's odd ways of losing really rubbed off on me, the cop would be on this board replying with a "psych" and sending me a ticket in the mail...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05