Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Asterix rules ! :D

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Anybody ever notice how spurs look just like an asterisk?

You must be registered for see images attach

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anybody notice how the Suns look like a team that lost to the Spurs again?

Sorry but it had to be said.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
why are spurs fans still on this board?? how pathetic are you all that you are trying to defend your actions from the previous series?? goes to show how twisted your team and its fans really are. take your gift wrapped series victory, which you all know is true and go to the jazz board

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

What's even funnier is that Spurs fans have been saying that for years!!!

Sorry if you tools thought you were a part of some brand new, original insult to the Spurs and their fans. What's next? Are you gonna make fun of the girly colors of their OLD logo?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What's even funnier is that Spurs fans have been saying that for years!!!

Sorry if you tools thought you were a part of some brand new, original insult to the Spurs and their fans. What's next? Are you gonna make fun of the girly colors of their OLD logo?

Let's see... Portland, Oregon... A Spurs fan... and yet, posting on a Suns message board in the middle of a playoff series with another team! LOL If that isn't the most pathetic thing this board has ever seen, I don't know what is...

Good thing we won't have to deal with your idiocy for much longer.

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
Let's see... Portland, Oregon... A Spurs fan... and yet, posting on a Suns message board in the middle of a playoff series with another team! LOL If that isn't the most pathetic thing this board has ever seen, I don't know what is...

Good thing we won't have to deal with your idiocy for much longer.

I dont feel like I am pathetic just cause I still come in here and post. Sure my team has already moved on, but there are some good posters who I dont mind posting to. Its not necessarily posting against a current opposing playoff team, its about basketball and Phoenix is a major perennial contender that I dont like but I respect.

buttsR4rebounding

Registered
Reaction score
What everyone has to realize is that if the Suns really were a championship team they would have gone into San Antonio and won Game 6.

Nash wouldn't have taken so long to realize they needed his scoring.

Amare would have played smarter on defense.

Marion would have been a factor against Parker.

Bell would have shut down Ginobili.

Where was the heart and never say die that I have seen out of this team when the chips were against them? The fact is in ten years when the Spurs have another ring next to 2007 no one will remember that Stern stepped in and enforced his stupid rule.

Now it looks like the franchise is going to make a stupid/rash decision and trade potentially the best player we have ever had. Sweet.

I'm exhausted of this post season and saying wait till next year. This should have been our year. I won't even be able to enjoy the regular season next year cuz it don't mean a damn thing till May.

I really really hate the Spurs but the fact remains - they were just better than us. Or more accurately more mentally tough....:(

Exactly.

The Suns lost because of 3 reasons (there were others):

1. Amare is not mature enough yet to put winning above all else. This probably stems from coming straight out of high school. March Madness is an excellent experience for players to learn how to make the correct decisions under pressure. Coming off the bench in game 4 was just symptomatic of his immaturity. He also was in constant foul trouble throughout the series because he couldn't understand that sometimes you need to let guys get a dunk so that you can stay in the game. It also extends to his game. Virtually every team that wins the championship has a player who can score from the low post starting with his back to the basket. If he can't develop this part of his offense then the Suns will never win a championship unless they bring in someone who can.

2. D'Antoni seems incapable of making in-game adjustments. It seemed that time after time Popovich would make an adjustment and DA would not respond until the next game.

3. The Suns put too much stock in the regular season. This is where the Spurs were pre-2003. Spurs fans got ramped up and excited about their team having the best record in the West or the NBA, but they never won the championship from the #1 seed. It is all about using the regular season to prepare for the playoffs and be playing your best ball coming into the playoffs. I don't think most Suns fans (or Dallas fans) could say that the Suns were playing their best ball of the year entering the playoffs.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Exactly.

The Suns lost because of 3 reasons (there were others):

1. Amare is not mature enough yet to put winning above all else. This probably stems from coming straight out of high school. March Madness is an excellent experience for players to learn how to make the correct decisions under pressure. Coming off the bench in game 4 was just symptomatic of his immaturity. He also was in constant foul trouble throughout the series because he couldn't understand that sometimes you need to let guys get a dunk so that you can stay in the game. It also extends to his game. Virtually every team that wins the championship has a player who can score from the low post starting with his back to the basket. If he can't develop this part of his offense then the Suns will never win a championship unless they bring in someone who can.

2. D'Antoni seems incapable of making in-game adjustments. It seemed that time after time Popovich would make an adjustment and DA would not respond until the next game.

3. The Suns put too much stock in the regular season. This is where the Spurs were pre-2003. Spurs fans got ramped up and excited about their team having the best record in the West or the NBA, but they never won the championship from the #1 seed. It is all about using the regular season to prepare for the playoffs and be playing your best ball coming into the playoffs. I don't think most Suns fans (or Dallas fans) could say that the Suns were playing their best ball of the year entering the playoffs.

You have the ranking of the reasons upsides down. And Amare is not mature enough with his skill set. His defense is not good enough, as is his rebounding. He is not used to postup moves yet. But he was the hardest worker on the court on Suns team with great focus on trying to win. Blame it on his youth, don't blame it on his heart! And DA was partially responsible for lack of lowpost offensive games on Amare's part, with his winning every meaningless game in regular season approach.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You have the ranking of the reasons upsides down. And Amare is not mature enough with his skill set. His defense is not good enough, as is his rebounding. He is not used to postup moves yet. But he was the hardest worker on the court on Suns team with great focus on trying to win. Blame it on his youth, don't blame it on his heart! And DA was partially responsible for lack of lowpost offensive games on Amare's part, with his winning every meaningless game in regular season approach.

I agree with everything except the notion of meaningless games. If Amare is not tossed from game 5 (and have won), the Suns would have had game 7 at home - which would have been huge. Winning home court could have been a very big deal.