Spurs fan give props to Nash for courage in game one

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been participating over there. Obviously a lot of mutual respect between the two teams. It's been surprisingly civil.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
i was hurting myself when i saw blood oozing from the wound..

the suns are still lucky it was not broken..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it just me that actually myself holding my nose, as it was tingling after that hit?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see that from other fans.

I truly did love to see the respect between the two teams yesterday.

Never seen so many players helping each other up like that before.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Actually, Aaron Nelson said a broken nose would have been better because he could have just plugged it and let him finish playing.

Short term for yesterday I would agree. Long term for the rest of the series I'd disagree. In my case my eyes swelled by the next day and it really started hurting.

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
Actually, Aaron Nelson said a broken nose would have been better because he could have just plugged it and let him finish playing.
no way a broken nose would have been better
he would be hurting for DAYS

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned how this will affect his vision in tomorrow's game.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
i like how Parker fell down like he was shot and Nash just stood there - even though Nash had taken the hardest part of Parker's head to the nose.
Another illustration of what a bunch of floptastic soccer players the Spurs are.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like how Parker fell down like he was shot and Nash just stood there - even though Nash had taken the hardest part of Parker's head to the nose.
Another illustration of what a bunch of floptastic soccer players the Spurs are.

Have you ever had a goose egg on your head? You become dizzy almost instantly. Just because Nash was able to take the collision without falling down, (amazing that he was able to do that) doesn't mean that Parker should.

asudevil83

Reaction score
god i hate reading threads like that.....

it just makes it SO MUCH harder to hate the spurs when you can read a civilized thread from their fans. dammit.

if their team wasnt full of whiners and floppers they would probably be one of my more-favored teams in the league.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I refuse to read that thread. If we lose this series, may the Spurs, and their fans, be boiled in oil until their skin flays off and then tossed into pits filled with fire ants.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At first I thought the same thing, then when I saw the replay, I think he may have been out for a second or two, because when he fell, his head bounced off the floor like he had no control over it.

What I thought was awesome was Nash going out of his way to ask Parker if he was okay. Nash is gushing blood everywhere, and HE is asking Parker if he's okay...awesome.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Ironically, that's also their worst criticism of the Suns.

i could see the flopping.....but its not nearly as bad on the suns as spurs.

and the spurs get away with SO MUCH WHINING to the refs its not even funny. it does seem like they get the preferencial treatment when it comes to talking to the refs about EVERY call.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At first I thought the same thing, then when I saw the replay, I think he may have been out for a second or two, because when he fell, his head bounced off the floor like he had no control over it.

What I thought was awesome was Nash going out of his way to ask Parker if he was okay. Nash is gushing blood everywhere, and HE is asking Parker if he's okay...awesome.

And just the same, while Nash was sitting on the bench getting that cut worked on, Parker came over and asked him if he was all right. The camera caught Nash nodding and saying "thanks".

That might be part of our problem, we just don't hate the San Antonio Spurs. They may cry a lot and dominate, but there really is no bad blood at all between us and them.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And just the same, while Nash was sitting on the bench getting that cut worked on, Parker came over and asked him if he was all right. The camera caught Nash nodding and saying "thanks".

That might be part of our problem, we just don't hate the San Antonio Spurs. They may cry a lot and dominate, but there really is no bad blood at all between us and them.

That doesn't explain why the Spurs beat us.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I missed that--I'm glad to hear Parker did that. You may be right--I think psychologically, the Spurs have us beat, and no matter how good we are, it hangs in the back of their heads that we can't beat them. If we had that hate, or even a real sense of rivalry, it might give them that edge that I think we're lacking right now.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
Diaw, JR, and Amare all have motivational issues in my estimation. Diaw needs to be the man to perform, Amare needs pressure situations to bring the best out, and JR just needs to be in an empty court to make baskets apparently. That said, I don't think a lack of hatred is a reason for the Suns losing. I think the blame rests on D'A.

joshtd1

Reaction score
:thumbup: There are lots of classy fans on that board.

As a member of Spursreport, I appreciate it. I know how fans of opposing teams come check us out, so I decided to do the same. Trashtalking is always a part of being a fan and what not..but we have nothing wrong with the Suns..its Dallas that we hate