Spurs MessageBoard

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
I really didn't find any interesting ideas on what adjustments the Suns should make. They basically think this series is all thier's and that the only games the Suns win are game in which SA doesn't play well. :shrug: they may be right

jibikao

Reaction score
Most of the points are right.

We did have a pretty efficient offense game.

Some say Nash can't contain Parker. But the question is which guard in this league can really stop Parker's penetration especially when they set picks for him? I know Kidd can't. He is too slow for that. So the best thing we can do is to put JJ on Parker which we did in our 2nd matchup and it worked pretty well IMO 'cause it takes off pressure from Nash.

But the problem is we don't have Joe Johnson!!! :eek:

What this means is we can change the gameplan just a little bit. Who else scored 20+? Ginobli and Barry almost got 20. So, instead of focusing on Parker, why don't we limit Gino and Barry more?

I mean Parker can have his penetration on Nash but Nash also punishes him a lot on the other end, while carrying the whole team.

I think Jim Jackson can take advantage of Parker on the offensive end. Jim Jackson knows how to post up on smaller guys and we've seen it during regular season. Maybe Nash and Jim Jackson can do some switches with pick&roll and let Parker guard Jim Jackson on the other end and have JJax dish it out to Nash if he goes in. If this mismatch works many times, we may force Spurs to put a bigger guy on JimJackson.

I don't know... I am just throwing whatever I can think of. lol

Duncan..guard him one on one and be very physical with him. That's it. I know Sonics and Nuggets did it to him. Why can't we? Bring Bo Outlaw in!!

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought I'd look further into their board, clicked out of the thread and into another....they are just discussing how cute they think the Spurs are and how Nash is fugly.

I love little reminders of how great this site is! :thumbup:

cly2tw

Reaction score
One thing we can do in the 4th quarter is to play both JJs while Nash rests. All our parameter defenders are interchangible thus not susceptible to picks to get Parker free. On the other end, we will have at least one matchup advantage to post up besides Amare's usual ones. We could have won that regular season ot loss had we not played Smush but someone bigger and concentrate on defense and matchup advantage to begin that 4th quarter.

As a matter of fact, even Barbosa's defense was adequate enough for this idea to work. We only need to contain Duncan with 1-on-1 coverage, which is easier said than done.

OP
OP
DeAnna

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Actually I thought this take was interesting - and I kinda agree. They looked a little stagnant on Sunday.

Suns need to share the ball better

case in point Phoenix had 19 team assist 13 from Nash no other player had more than 1 other than barbosa 2. Without Nash they are not a very good passing team Spurs had 18 Team assist - Ginobli had 5 Duncan 4 and Horry 3. I think that is key we have ball movement that the Suns do not have.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Most of the points are right.

We did have a pretty efficient offense game.

Some say Nash can't contain Parker. But the question is which guard in this league can really stop Parker's penetration especially when they set picks for him? I know Kidd can't. He is too slow for that. So the best thing we can do is to put JJ on Parker which we did in our 2nd matchup and it worked pretty well IMO 'cause it takes off pressure from Nash.

But the problem is we don't have Joe Johnson!!! :eek:

What this means is we can change the gameplan just a little bit. Who else scored 20+? Ginobli and Barry almost got 20. So, instead of focusing on Parker, why don't we limit Gino and Barry more?

I mean Parker can have his penetration on Nash but Nash also punishes him a lot on the other end, while carrying the whole team.

I think Jim Jackson can take advantage of Parker on the offensive end. Jim Jackson knows how to post up on smaller guys and we've seen it during regular season. Maybe Nash and Jim Jackson can do some switches with pick&roll and let Parker guard Jim Jackson on the other end and have JJax dish it out to Nash if he goes in. If this mismatch works many times, we may force Spurs to put a bigger guy on JimJackson.

I don't know... I am just throwing whatever I can think of. lol

Duncan..guard him one on one and be very physical with him. That's it. I know Sonics and Nuggets did it to him. Why can't we? Bring Bo Outlaw in!!

There is one guy who can stop Parker. His name is Stephon Marbury.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Bring Outlaw in to guard Duncan one-on-one? Good one.

jibikao

Reaction score
DeAnna said:
Actually I thought this take was interesting - and I kinda agree. They looked a little stagnant on Sunday.

Suns need to share the ball better

case in point Phoenix had 19 team assist 13 from Nash no other player had more than 1 other than barbosa 2. Without Nash they are not a very good passing team Spurs had 18 Team assist - Ginobli had 5 Duncan 4 and Horry 3. I think that is key we have ball movement that the Suns do not have.

I think ever since JJ went down, our ball movement is all Nash/Amare. I agree I would like to see better ballmovement like we had in our 2nd matchup but we don't have JJ and technically speaking we scored 114 pt on 48% because Nash shot 54%. I mean it's really too good to say "no" to that, you know?

But I really would like to see Marion get involved.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KloD said:
I thought I'd look further into their board, clicked out of the thread and into another....they are just discussing how cute they think the Spurs are and how Nash is fugly.

Yeah, Manu is a cutey :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake