Spurs @ Suns 2-21-14

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Archie Goodwin is putting on a show. Is he going to good or what. Wait until he can hit his outside shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aron Baynes is a find for the Spurs.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Wow. These KFC commercials are just terrible. The scary kind of terrible. The feel-sad-for-humankind kind of terrible.
The guy and the script he was given are obnoxious. But those are the ones that get people's attention.

Especially when they offer a pot pie for $3.99 for a limited time.

My favorite fast food commercials, although they have backed off for awhile, are still Jack-In-the-Box. Although, come to think of it, I'll get a Carl's, Jr. burger and maybe a Burger King, because when you wrap your lips around it, it's the burger you taste, not the commercial. Jack-In-The-Box, no thanks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
For quite awhile now, it's been that when two other Suns have a very good game along with Dragic, and we have steady defense, we can beat most teams. No matter who those two other players are.

Tonight, it didn't even take a good game from Dragic . . . or Green. It was Ish, Markeiff and, yes, even Frye.

I know that we brought back Barbosa to fill part of the role of Bledsoe. But it is a shame that Ish Smith hardly has been getting a chance until Barbosa was out tonight.

Ish shined in a 3-Guard rotation vs. the Spurs. Well, that's strength in reserve.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The guy and the script he was given are obnoxious. But those are the ones that get people's attention.

Especially when they offer a pot pie for $3.99 for a limited time.

My favorite fast food commercials, although they have backed off for awhile, are still Jack-In-the-Box. Although, come to think of it, I'll get a Carl's, Jr. burger and maybe a Burger King, because when you wrap your lips around it, it's the burger you taste, not the commercial. Jack-In-The-Box, no thanks.

You are not welcome in my restaurant either!!!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was in attendance tonight... ashamed to say that it was my first game in several years, not ashamed to say that we smashed those scummy sperms.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't read into this... But I love Archie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archie Goodwin is putting on a show. Is he going to good or what. Wait until he can hit his outside shot.

He needs to get Barbosa's minutes for the rest of the season.

Ish sucks when playing with Barbosa and I'd rather see Goodwin develop than Barbosa chuck, chuck and chuck anyway.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
He needs to get Barbosa's minutes for the rest of the season.

Ish sucks when playing with Barbosa and I'd rather see Goodwin develop than Barbosa chuck, chuck and chuck anyway.

I've always liked Barbosa but if Goodwin can do what he did last night consistently then you have to consider giving him more minutes. Basbosa has been in a funk.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I've always liked Barbosa but if Goodwin can do what he did last night consistently then you have to consider giving him more minutes. Basbosa has been in a funk.

Ish Smith is only 25. A lot of point guards take a few years to develop. Wasn't Dragic about 25 when the Suns traded him away?

I agree, as much as I like LB I'd rather see Ish and Goodwin getting the minutes. I say play the young guys and let the chips fall. They made the decision to pass on short term upgrades now they need to embrace it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish Smith is only 25. A lot of point guards take a few years to develop. Wasn't Dragic about 25 when the Suns traded him away?

I agree, as much as I like LB I'd rather see Ish and Goodwin getting the minutes. I say play the young guys and let the chips fall. They made the decision to pass on short term upgrades now they need to embrace it.

And I was thinking Ish was at least 29. He definitely is a keeper. I like him as player and a person. He gave a nice interview after the San Antonio game. Definitely a humble young man. McDonough strikes again.

In regard to Goodwin, I have said he will be a star. Whether that should change the rotation now, I don't know. But if Goodwin is ready to play, bring it on.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I think Dragic is just plain worn down. The guy plays extremely hard, and basically has to carry this offense unless Green is hitting. I hope that if Bledsoe comes back this season, Dragic won't have to work so hard to get a shot, or set up a teammate. I'm sure he's a little banged up as well, but the guy has to be tired. He asked to do it all for this team.

Speaking of this team, regardless of how the season turns out, I am completely enamored with the Suns right now. It's so nice to have that feeling back. Outside of the 04-05 team and maybe the 05-06 team, I haven't felt so connected and invested in a Suns team like I have this year. It's a joy to watch this team play. The chemistry is fantastic, and I love how hard they play. I love the direction of Hornacek, and the vision of McD. It's awesome to be able to have that sense of optimism that the team actually has hope, and good leadership again. I was just thinking about that day where the Suns named Lindsey Hunter as coach...the uproar it caused for Thunder and Elston Turner. I was thinking about Babby and Blanks taking bad call after bad call on the Doug and Wolf show, listening to them try to justify and explain their actions, and thinking to myself that this has to be the low point for this franchise. I didn't think they'd recover this fast, but it's awesome that they have and are moving in the right direction.

Anyway, I don't post much, so I wanted to get this out while it was on my mind.

Go Suns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake