Star Wars 4-6 on DVD?!?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Definitely pirated. Either that or they're actually VCD, not DVD.

True dat!

They are SVCD reproductions made from the original VHS format.

Buyer beware!

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be that as it may - this might be the only way you'll ever get the originals on DVD or whatever digital format they are recorded on.

Shawn

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucus said many times the only way that they be on DVD is when all six are done and they will be done as a 6 pack. So I would geuss that we are about 2 to 3 years away at this point.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bankybruce
Lucus said many times the only way that they be on DVD is when all six are done and they will be done as a 6 pack. So I would geuss that we are about 2 to 3 years away at this point.

While that is true - he also as stated many times that the Originals will not be - at least not in their original format. He is only releasing the updated versions - and from what I've heard he's wanting to upgrade those as well so that they are more in line with the three new ones.

Shawn

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wouldn't take stock in much of anything that Lucas says right now--if the market changes, we'll see what happens. A couple years ago, Lucas and Spielberg said that they wouldn't release the Indy trilogy until #4 was released, and look what happened there.

As for the original movies, I have the huge definitive SW box set on laserdisc, the original widescreen videotapes (in a box set with the vhs of the documentary from the 80s) and just a small 3-pack that was released back in early 90s.

I don't have any versions of the special editions. Kinda strange that I don't, actually.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take stock in much of anything that Lucas says right now--if the market changes, we'll see what happens. A couple years ago, Lucas and Spielberg said that they wouldn't release the Indy trilogy until #4 was released, and look what happened there.

As for the original movies, I have the huge definitive SW box set on laserdisc, the original widescreen videotapes (in a box set with the vhs of the documentary from the 80s) and just a small 3-pack that was released back in early 90s.

I don't have any versions of the special editions. Kinda strange that I don't, actually.

I don't Chap - you maybe right, but I'm really starting to sour on Lucas and what he's done with this franchise - it's pretty disappointing in my opinion.

Shawn

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
I don't Chap - you maybe right, but I'm really starting to sour on Lucas and what he's done with this franchise - it's pretty disappointing in my opinion.

Shawn

George Lucas is a hypocrite. He says he's so concerned with the fans, and yet he's a total blowhard when it comes to the wants of fans regarding the original trilogy.

Maybe the negative press about the last 2 movies is getting to him...

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
George Lucas is a hypocrite. He says he's so concerned with the fans, and yet he's a total blowhard when it comes to the wants of fans regarding the original trilogy.

Maybe the negative press about the last 2 movies is getting to him...

In my opinion, it's his own damn fault!

There are many shortcomings with Episodes I & II, but they are still very watchable movies. I think Lucas took himself,and the Star Wars franchise, too seriously.

He set himself up for a fall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22