Star Wars on DVD Sept 21st

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox plan to release the original three episodes of Star Wars in a special boxed DVD set on Sept. 21, published reports said today. Although Lucasfilm issued no formal announcement of its own, it did confirm the reports. The three films will reportedly be accompanied by a separate DVD, featuring a documentary about how the films were made. Company execs have not yet decided what to charge for the set, although most analysts have predicted that it will be priced at about $70. The versions included in the set will not be the ones that originally were screened in the 1970s and 80s, company officials acknowledged, but are ones resulting from reediting with new digital recording equipment. The news was welcomed by both Star Wars and DVD fans. "Star Wars is easily the most requested DVD ever, as well as the most bootlegged," Bill Hunt of thedigitalbits.com told the Boston Globe. "This is by far the biggest news to date in our industry, and one that's been a long time coming."

Sorry BIM, sounds like its the re-released versions

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars. Is it a good movie, BIM? watch his head explode

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BIM, do you like it when Greedo shoots first?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Greedo shooting first... Luke screaming as he jumps down the pit in ESB... there's a lot of problems with these. The originals were classic and way ahead of their time. I'm glad I have them on VHS, but I'll still buy this DVD set. I never did see ROTJ when it was re-released.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
The news was welcomed by both Star Wars and DVD fans. "Star Wars is easily the most requested DVD ever, as well as the most bootlegged," Bill Hunt of thedigitalbits.com told the Boston Globe. "This is by far the biggest news to date in our industry, and one that's been a long time coming."

Really? And what Star Wars fan would that be? Probably George Lucas since he's the only one screwing with them - dork.

I'm so ticked that they are changing them AGAIN. Ugh - just leave them alone Georgie - put both version out and let the fans decide what they want to buy and/or watch. What a pompous moron.

Shawn

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Re: Re: Star Wars on DVD Sept 21st

Originally posted by FischerKing
Really? And what Star Wars fan would that be? Probably George Lucas since he's the only one screwing with them - dork.

I'm so ticked that they are changing them AGAIN. Ugh - just leave them alone Georgie - put both version out and let the fans decide what they want to buy and/or watch. What a pompous moron.

Shawn

Come on now. Lucas is a pompous moron, no question about it, but it still is Star Wars, even with the additions to the movies. It's not like they digitally enhanced Spies Like Us and we choose not to see it. :D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the new ones, yet. Gredo shoots first? How the hell does Han shoot second, then?

Seriously, could you guys list the percieved problems with the "retouched" Star Wars?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About freaking time! I've been waiting to add this to my collection for years. I guess I'm in the minority, I liked the enhanced versions better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22