Steve Kerr explains it all

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Spurs trolls will say that the 2nd quarter incident was not an altercation (which it wasn't). However, Duncan clearly thought there was an altercation (in progress or brewing). There was no other reason to step out on the floor like that. I don't think he saw a shiny nickel at the free throw line. Stu Jackson said that Duncan had no intent to do anything yet Boris Diaw, the French pacifist, did. Wow.

Once again, Duncan should not have been suspended by any stretch of the imagination, but not suspending him shows major hypocrisy by Stu Jackson and David Stern and proves that they do not follow the letter of the law (this is made more apparent by the explanations they gave for their actions). Stern made some inaccurate statements on the radio that made it apparent he probably did not inspect the video much himself.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
The hypocracy of the NBA, literal interpretations killing the game, etc.

My favorite part is when Duncan went on the floor and nothing happened to him via suspensions. WTF is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb1T89Xw9kc

Thank you for finding this video. Proves that the NBA did not follow the letter of the law. Because in point of fact, When the "horry/nash/bell" altercation started were Diaw and Stat on the court at that moment or had they been pushed back at that point?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really sure I'm going to take Steve's word at face value:

STEVE KERR
Minority Owner and Consultant
A five-time NBA champion and 15-year veteran as a player, Steve Kerr, returns to the organization where he began his professional career.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/kerr_bio.html

Not really an unbiased authority. While explaining it all, Steve, explain why you are allowed to call Suns games of any type.

Note: I feel the same way about Magic talking about the Lakers on TNT, even though he cowers like a three year old in an effort to appear unbiased.

Taco

Veteran
Reaction score
From the NBA Rule Book

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

1994-95
• Shortened the three-point line (22 feet in the corners extending to 23 feet, nine inches at the top of the key) to a uniform 22 feet around the basket.
• Awarded three foul shots for any player fouled while attempting a three-point field goal.
Any player who leaves the bench
during a fight automatically suspended for a minimum of one game and fined a maximum of $20,000; in addition to losing 1/82nd of his salary for each game, he is suspended.

Nash Attack

Reaction score
Any player who leaves the bench during a fight automatically suspended for a minimum of one game and fined a maximum of $20,000; in addition to losing 1/82nd of his salary for each game, he is suspended.
Here is my question which I saw on an earlier thread. A player is paid based on 82 games. If they go into the playoffs and play, are they playing for free? Do they not get paid for these games at all? If a player didn't like playing basketball but was just good at it and did it for a job, is there no motivation to make the playoffs because you will be playing games for 'Free'?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not really an unbiased authority. While explaining it all, Steve, explain why you are allowed to call Suns games of any type.

Note: I feel the same way about Magic talking about the Lakers on TNT, even though he cowers like a three year old in an effort to appear unbiased.

It wasn't until very recently that Kerr has had anything good to say about the Suns. Kerr has been a Spurs homer, eventhough he has a vested interest in the Suns.

Taco

Veteran
Reaction score
It wasn't until very recently that Kerr has had anything good to say about the Suns. Kerr has been a Spurs homer, eventhough he has a vested interest in the Suns.

That's funny, as a Spurs Fan, and what I've heard from other Spurs Fans, it seems like Kerr goes out of his way not to pump up the Spurs, kind of like Troy Aikman goes out of his way not to pump up the Cowboys. I guess they do this not to appear like Homers

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's funny, as a Spurs Fan, and what I've heard from other Spurs Fans, it seems like Kerr goes out of his way not to pump up the Spurs, kind of like Troy Aikman goes out of his way not to pump up the Cowboys. I guess they do this not to appear like Homers

Recently, (within the past year) that has changed. Kerr would knock the Suns in every opportunity possible.

suckerpunch

Reaction score
Taco, I agree. As a Spurs fan, I've noticed that Steve Kerr calls the game pretty evenly. Now if Suns fans watched any of the local telecasts with Sean Elliot calling the game they'd know what a Spurs favored telecast was like.

Taco

Veteran
Reaction score
Recently, (within the past year) that has changed. Kerr would knock the Suns in every opportunity possible.

I guess it depends on if you are looking through Spurs Glasses
icon6.gif
, or Suns Glasses
icon6.gif

Taco

Veteran
Reaction score
Taco, I agree. As a Spurs fan, I've noticed that Steve Kerr calls the game pretty evenly. Now if Suns fans watched any of the local telecasts with Sean Elliot calling the game they'd know what a Spurs favored telecast was like.

Oh Yeah Sean is a Spurs Homer but he's doing local Spurs broadcast, they have to be more biased.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not necessarily talking about the color commentary, but more articles written. As a color, he does his best to stay neutral, as he should.

I guess it depends on if you are looking through Spurs Glasses
icon6.gif
, or Suns Glasses
icon6.gif

I guess so.

tmtcsc

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duncan clearly thought his teammate took a hard foul and might be injured. That was so stupid to even equate the 2 incidents.

Steve Kerr is so f'ing biased its not funny. I will boo his coattail riding ass to no end if he is at game 6.

Give back your Spurs card you little snake. I'll give you a "moment" to remember. pffft

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duncan clearly thought his teammate took a hard foul and might be injured. That was so stupid to even equate the 2 incidents.

Steve Kerr is so f'ing biased its not funny. I will boo his coattail riding ass to no end if he is at game 6.

Give back your Spurs card you little snake. I'll give you a "moment" to remember. pffft

You are smoking crack? What did Horry do? Commit a hard foul. Did you not think that Nash could have been injured?

:banned:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are smoking crack? What did Horry do? Commit a hard foul. Did you not think that Nash could have been injured?

:banned:

No kidding. If that bump at been any harder he would be permanent advertisement on the scorers table. Another example of Spurs fans "cherry picking" their points.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

b/c of his days playing with the spurs and many of their coaches and players he's always been a spurs apologist, even when playing the suns. in this instance his interests and biases are likely even.

Esther

Rookie
Reaction score

You are smoking crack. Hello???? What do you think Amare and Boris were doing?