Steve Wilks ..... what more can be said

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's no sympathy on 98.7. I caught part of the game on the radio and Wolfley was openly excoriating the coaches. You know for a fact Bickley and Lamebadoro will be crapping on this Trumpster fire all day long. I bet even Bruce Jacobs will have a gallon of scorn over at KFYI.

And what will the team say? Don't criticize us? LOL, hollow admonition. What are they gonna do, move to XTRA? They just got done cleaning house in the wake of the ClearChannel bankruptcy.

As to loyalty to GMs, the Cards have suffered from that for years. The Birdwells sucking up to a GM is nothing new. Remember Rod Graves? Or Bob Ferguson? Or Larry Wilson. Hell, they are so f***ed, Grandpa Charlie used to root for the Bears when he knew the Chi Cards were gonna lose because of him. Charlie had his nose so far up Papa Bear's backside he could see Sarah Palin's Bridge to Russia. :D

I listened to them while driving to work. Doug and Wolf already moved chains. They declared nothing what happened so far matters and Wilks will be back unless there are two more Denver games and wait for it, they said, Wilks deserves to implement his defense in 2019.

Circling of Wagons has begun. Before you know they will be talking about how locker leadership is the #1 reason for this season. just wait until Gambo comes on.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Not every team draws. When the cards are this bad in continuous seasons it will become obvious at the gate. That said, revenue sharing makes this point close to moot.

to a point

club seats and suites are 100% team revenue

while many have multi year commitments, most are year to year. It wont take a big shortfall in those sales to hit Mike B hard

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How you keep your job when you lose to a team trying to lose and you are at home. Now i admit Gresham is terrible and Jones hold on DJs run. And dude dropped a sure INT. Killed is. But I'll say this .....good coaches get those plays made. Its kinda like the bball equivalent of the Ball dont lie. If you were good at your job the ball bounces your way. When you suck ...you dont get breaks to make you look good. But ill say this. Our team Isn't That bad. The coaching is making us look bad. We should have 3 more wins and we actually played even with Kansas City. I agree getting a high draft pick is going to be good. But we have been here before. When you bring the ineptitude of the team down....your decisions and luck follow. We had 3rd pick and got Wadsworth. We have drafted Hearst. I dont want to fall back to that. Wilks is taking us there...fast

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Please listen to 98.7 right now.

It is pure clown commentary from Gambo. Gambo is saying Cardinals plan to turn Wilks into Hue Jackson. Wait for it, Cardinals may be interested in bringing in Todd Bowles as DC and keep Wilks as HC in 2019. Also saying Holcomb and Ray Brown are gone.

LMAFO

You must be registered for see images attach

Veer

All Star
Reaction score

It is pure clown commentary from Gambo. Gambo is saying Cardinals plan to turn Wilks into Hue Jackson. Wait for it, Cardinals may be interested in bringing in Todd Bowles as DC and keep Wilks as HC in 2019. Also saying Holcomb and Ray Brown are gone.

LMAFO
Bringing back Bowles in any capacity can only help.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

LMAFO

If that's the case, what in the world kind of value does Wilks even offer? He's just being treated as a figure-head, an incompetent one at that.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to a point

club seats and suites are 100% team revenue

while many have multi year commitments, most are year to year. It wont take a big shortfall in those sales to hit Mike B hard

Sadly we have a 3 year deal

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If that's the case, what in the world kind of value does Wilks even offer? He's just being treated as a figure-head, an incompetent one at that.

Yeah, I think Cardinals are sending a message to Wilks through Gambo that he will clowned after this season.

Just let the guy go with dignity.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Like it or not IMO most likely Keim and Wilks will be back. Bidwill will give them another year to fix it.

This may very well be true, however Bidwill is taking a big risk in alienating the fan base completely especially if they fall flat on their face again. If Bidwill is going to roll the dice with Keim/Wilks in 2019 he better be ready with some names to replace them by mid-season or the fan base will be gone.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hell leftwich may be hc by the end of the week - er year - be like metoric rise of our hc - look at me look at me - the northern view of a south bound az

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

LMAFO

LMAFO

Just my opinion but this is something like looking like you're going for it on 4th down trying to get an offsides penalty on the other team.

Translation in my opinion trying to get him to quit and save his contract dollars. Just my opinion.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, you win. Kotite was really bad too. What made Edwards horrible was that he actually thought he was a good coach. I think Kotite realized he was pathetic. LOL

You're right, Kotite had enough self-awareness to see it.

My little brother is a long suffering Lions fan... Wayne Fontes/Scott Mitchell was a pair made in hell, too

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You're right, Kotite had enough self-awareness to see it.

My little brother is a long suffering Lions fan... Wayne Fontes/Scott Mitchell was a pair made in hell, too
didnt Fontes also have matt millen to deal with?

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My biggest gripe about Wilks is he preaches physicality and smash mouth football, yet this offseason we didn’t do anything to bring in any sort of physical type players. We can’t run the ball inside with a 230 pound RB and we constantly get ran over by 200 pound RBs. If Wilks is back next year he needs to change his philosophy or get players that represent it.

Also his aggressive defense has gotten us a lot of sacks this year, but it hasn’t led to many turnovers (12) on the season. Is that a talent issue or just bad luck? I think it’s a little bit of both. We don’t have playmakers like Luke Kuechly or Thomas Davis at the linebacker position, but Tre Boston and PP21 are solid players on the back end.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wilks is back with another year to “implement” his system and Keim is shown the door. If it works then we have a young coach and a young QB. If not we start over again. This isn’t what I want to happen because if it doesn’t work then we’ve wasted Rosen being on the cheap and $65m of next years cap on a system that didn’t work, I just think that is what will happen.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This may very well be true, however Bidwill is taking a big risk in alienating the fan base completely especially if they fall flat on their face again. If Bidwill is going to roll the dice with Keim/Wilks in 2019 he better be ready with some names to replace them by mid-season or the fan base will be gone.

This fan base stayed with Dave McGinnis for years. Danny Green basically fired himself. People here (including me, maybe) were saying that Whisenhunt deserved another year. Fans'll get fired up by a high draft pick and a free agent class. People here will be like "He finally has the personnel needed to run his system! Think about how much Leftwich/Rosen learned last year!"

My biggest gripe about Wilks is he preaches physicality and smash mouth football, yet this offseason we didn’t do anything to bring in any sort of physical type players. We can’t run the ball inside with a 230 pound RB and we constantly get ran over by 200 pound RBs. If Wilks is back next year he needs to change his philosophy or get players that represent it.

Also his aggressive defense has gotten us a lot of sacks this year, but it hasn’t led to many turnovers (12) on the season. Is that a talent issue or just bad luck? I think it’s a little bit of both. We don’t have playmakers like Luke Kuechly or Thomas Davis at the linebacker position, but Tre Boston and PP21 are solid players on the back end.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wilks is back with another year to “implement” his system and Keim is shown the door. If it works then we have a young coach and a young QB. If not we start over again. This isn’t what I want to happen because if it doesn’t work then we’ve wasted Rosen being on the cheap and $65m of next years cap on a system that didn’t work, I just think that is what will happen.

It's very strange that Wilks has failed to deliver on every one of the promises he made when he was hired.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's very strange that Wilks has failed to deliver on every one of the promises he made when he was hired.

This is the exact reason why I don’t like him. I get the talent on this team isn’t very good and he’s kept us competitive in some games, but he didn’t even follow through with his plan. Maybe it was lack of cap room this year and needing a qb, but we’re just a soft team.