Steven Hunter fails physical

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a guess what the problem is?

Hunter fails physical, so that trade's on hold

By PHIL JASNER

[email protected]

In his brief time with the 76ers, Steven Hunter didn't pass muster. Traded Wednesday to the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets, the 7-foot center apparently didn't pass his physical.

That left the trade of Hunter and cash considerations for second-round draft choices in 2006 and '07 temporarily on hold. Also on hold was the $2.85 million trade exception the Sixers created in the deal.

"We're in discussions," Sixers president/general manager Billy King said. "Our doctors are talking with their doctors."

There was no word on the specific nature of the problem. King was hoping to have the situation resolved in the course of the weekend.

There was also reason to believe that King was waiting to see whether the Chicago Bulls might waive or buy out former Sixer Tim Thomas by the Feb. 23 trading deadline. If that were to happen, a source confirmed that King might consider signing him to a minimum-salary contract.

Thomas, who played one season at Villanova, was a first-round draft choice of the New Jersey Nets and traded to the Sixers. He spent one full season with the Sixers, then was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks the following season.

Thomas has been on the Bulls' inactive list and appeared in only three games this season (4.3 points and 1.3 rebounds in 10.7 minutes). He was acquired from the Knicks on Oct. 5 in the Eddy Curry deal.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Hunter tore his ACL in 2002 (or sometime around there). That injury didn't surface in his tenure with the Suns, but maybe it is now... ?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Louis said:
Attention Deficit Disorder?:shrug:
It's a 'physical', not a 'mental'. ;)

Maybe his hand is still screwed up from last year.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Good God, players come to D'Antoni/the Suns the turn to gold: Q, JJ, House, Diaw, etc, they leave, the turn to poop: Q, Hunter, JJ (to a lesser degree).

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
Good God, players come to D'Antoni/the Suns the turn to gold: Q, JJ, House, Diaw, etc, they leave, the turn to poop: Q, Hunter, JJ (to a lesser degree).

Your point related to JJ is a reach. He's doing OK (19.8 ppg on 45.8% shooting). The main thing that you see different is that his three point shooting is only 35.6%.

I'm not sure what the problem with Richardson is except that he is an absolutely awful fit for a Larry Brown team on both ends of the floor. I ragged about his shooting percentage a lot last season and was not sad to see him go. Still, I think he will do better once he gets traded again.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Your point related to JJ is a reach. He's doing OK (19.8 ppg on 45.8% shooting). The main thing that you see different is that his three point shooting is only 35.6%.

I'm not sure what the problem with Richardson is except that he is an absolutely awful fit for a Larry Brown team on both ends of the floor. I ragged about his shooting percentage a lot last season and was not sad to see him go. Still, I think he will do better once he gets traded again.

Who IS a fit for a Larry Brown team these days?

Detroit wins a championship, and even THEY are better without him. His Olympic team was an absolute disaster.

HooverDam

Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
Who IS a fit for a Larry Brown team these days?

Detroit wins a championship, and even THEY are better without him. His Olympic team was an absolute disaster.

But, but, but, his teams play the "right" way! ZZZZZZZ. Never mind that basketball was original meant as a quick, graceful game, the right way is 63-60 bang up games. I hate the Brown style of play (and Pat Rileys style too)

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
I hate the Brown style of play (and Pat Rileys style too)

Anyone remember when NBA teams tried to copy Riley's style of play -- and it was run-and-gun?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
Anyone remember when NBA teams tried to copy Riley's style of play -- and it was run-and-gun?

I guess I shouldve qualified my statement. Riley coaching the Lakers is much different than Riley coaching the Heat and Knicks. He seems to favor the banging style these days.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He seems to favor the banging style these days.

Phil Jackson also favors the banging style. That's why he returned to coach the Lakers. His banging doesn't have much to do with what's happening on the basketball court, but it's probably equally effective.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Phil Jackson also favors the banging style. That's why he returned to coach the Lakers. His banging doesn't have much to do with what's happening on the basketball court, but it's probably equally effective.

Thats just poor.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Thats just poor.

This verdict in taste from someone who uses a South Park character as an avatar. :lol:

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Thats just poor.

This verdict in taste from someone who uses a South Park character as an avatar. :lol:

I drew that myself so it's not an actual South Park character. :( You know, behind the surface potty humor of South Park is witty social commentary. I suppose who Phil Jackson's boinking can fall under satire somewhere if it were at all socially relevant.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You know, behind the surface potty humor of South Park is witty social commentary. I suppose who Phil Jackson's boinking can fall under satire somewhere if it were at all socially relevant.

Wait, I thought you were kidding -- you're actually calling me out for the poor taste of my joke? And describing South Park as "witty social commentary" in the same breath? Really? I have nothing against South Park, but come on, be serious.

In any case, excellent drawing. It looks just like him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake