LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is on the front page. Check it out and beat it to death!!:D :D :D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way off base there Stout! How can it be that only FOUR Penn State players will go in the first round? :D

Seriously, not to beat your mock up too bad, because nobody ever does well on them, the real headscratcher was the Dallas-Houston trade. How do you figure the Cowboys will move up to take a player neither Houston or Chicago will take? And, I can't think of a team that would leap into the top four to take Newman.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I have to agree, the Dallas trade just doesn't make any sense, why trade up for a player who will be there at #5 anyway? Of course Jones has been known to do stupid things(Quincy Carter!?).

If the draft fell that way I'd be shocked, IF Dallas was to trade up it would be for Suggs before Chicago snags him at #4.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zeno
I have to agree, the Dallas trade just doesn't make any sense, why trade up for a player who will be there at #5 anyway? Of course Jones has been known to do stupid things(Quincy Carter!?).

If the draft fell that way I'd be shocked, IF Dallas was to trade up it would be for Suggs before Chicago snags him at #4.

I agree - some (I think Ed B) are even suggesting that Trufant is better than Newman, tho Newman had INSANE combine numbers.

Lemme grab my opener and bust on this can of worms :p but if there is any way Leftwich is there at #6, no way can you pass on him!

PS - cute puppy Zeno!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Guys, my bad...this was an old mock that I revised, and then, after saying I had no trades in there, I went ahead and left in the Dallas trade. Ah, well, my bad. What about the rest of the board?

brandon

Rookie
Reaction score
I have a question does anyone know the exact date the NFL 2003 Draft will be? Just want to know if I'll be on vacation or not- hope not then I'll miss it :(

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by brandon
I have a question does anyone know the exact date the NFL 2003 Draft will be? Just want to know if I'll be on vacation or not- hope not then I'll miss it :(

The NFL Draft is on 04/26 and 04/27.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
What's up with all the DTs, Stout? First, there's NO WAY that Robertson falls to #14. He had an awesome work-out, and some "expects" now have him going before Kennedy. Second, William Joseph and Johnathan Sullivan not even drafted in the first round?

Stout

Reaction score
As to Robertson, I agree he could go earlier. I mentioned Minnesota was torn over this pick but went with Trufant. I just figured on team needs over best available athlete. No doubt some team will draft him because he slides to them, thus proving me wrong.

As to Joseph, I looked at a lot of the so-called 'expert' draft boards and saw him sliding big-time. Kevin Williams has shot up a lot of boards too, thus his entry into the first round. Plus, Sullivan may very well be drafted in round one.

By no means am I an expert. Call this mock a layman's version attempt at a mock draft. I just felt that mocks read better in this layout instead of in a post. I won't even read mocks in a post any more because they're so difficult to read that way.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
It wasn't my intention to criticise you, Stout. Just wanted to hear your explanation on why you have the DTs going that way.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way off base there Stout! How can it be that only FOUR Penn State players will go in the first round?
Because Stout is from Harrisburgh, PA

Stout

Reaction score
Ok, ok, ha ha. Yes, I have a bias on PSU players, but in my Mock I feel I am fully justified.

Lock-two PSU players will be taken in the first. Kennedy and Johnson. Johnson is the top RB in the draft and there is no way a RB does not get selected in RD 1. It just won't happen.

Next to a lock-three PSU players will be taken in the first. With teams desperate for rush ends, someone will take Haynes. Considered one of the top ends, usually behind Suggs and Kelsay, at least, he should go in the first.

Reach but possibility-four PSU players in the first. With the Raiders having those two picks, Bryant Johnson could go there. They have two aging starting WR and they have their 'burner' of the future in Porter. I can see them taking a solid possession-type receiver like Bryant. Can it be another WR they have their sights on? Sure, but after the top 2, WR is a tossup so, naturally, I plugged in my favorite :D

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I read the following rumor elsewhere. I have no idea how valid it is, but it kind of makes sense that Dallas would go after a QB in the first round.

The Packers and the Dallas Cowboys have agreed in principal to a deal that would send QB Chad Hutchinson to Green Bay for a conditional pick in 2004 if the Cowboys select either Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, or Kyle Boller. If the Cowboys go another way come draft day the Packers could send a 5th to Dallas for QB Quincy Carter. The QB deal was a gentleman's agreement between Sherman and Parcells with the Terry Glenn trade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05