Sugar (Apple TV+)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm surprised this show doesn't have its own thread. I'm four episodes in and it very intriguing with a very cool film noir style with old movie footage strewn in.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see your reaction when you’re finished. Please follow up with a post giving your reaction at the end.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I enjoyed it.
I didn’t mind the BIG twist. It was a bit odd but it didn’t ruin it for me like it did for others

OP
OP
Superbone

Superbone

Reaction score
Just finished E6.

What the...?!

I guess I should have suspected something supernatural when he looked to brush aside the shot bullet when he was attacked, Superman style. I mean, I knew he was being double crossed but that came out of nowhere at the end of the episode.

OP
OP
Superbone

Superbone

Reaction score
I finished S1 last night. Thoughts in spoilers:

Love it. A mashup of film noir and sci fi, who'd a thunk it? Very creative. Sci fi happens to be my favorite genre so I don't know if that colors my opinion at all but I thought it was very well done. The late reveal (end of E6 out of 8) doesn't bother me at all. I love that these aliens are just as flawed as humans. They can have hearts of gold and morbid/sickening fascinations and proclivities as well. The fact that these aliens knew about and allowed Henry to observe the serial killer does bother me though. It's mostly on Henry but the fact that the others allowed it is inexcusable.

Sugar's missing alien sister should add a whole new complexion to S2. Also really like how that helped to motivate him so strongly in this case. He was not to be stopped until he got to the bottom of it.

Really looking forward to Season 2.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished S1 last night. Thoughts in spoilers:

Love it. A mashup of film noir and sci fi, who'd a thunk it? Very creative. Sci fi happens to be my favorite genre so I don't know if that colors my opinion at all but I thought it was very well done. The late reveal (end of E6 out of 8) doesn't bother me at all. I love that these aliens are just as flawed as humans. They can have hearts of gold and morbid/sickening fascinations and proclivities as well. The fact that these aliens knew about and allowed Henry to observe the serial killer does bother me though. It's mostly on Henry but the fact that the others allowed it is inexcusable.

Sugar's missing alien sister should add a whole new complexion to S2. Also really like how that helped to motivate him so strongly in this case. He was not to be stopped until he got to the bottom of it.

Really looking forward to Season 2.
I didn’t see the twist coming at the start of the season at all and I often do which drives the wife crazy.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Finally got to watch it.

I could have done without either of the twists at the end. They didn't ruin it but they weren't needed. It was great film noir up to then. The alien reveal at least did make a couple of his actions make a little more sense.

The Henry twist bugged me a little bit more. Mainly because it felt like lazy writing in an otherwise well written show. It was too paint by numbers. I figured something was up with the guy earlier on and it didn't really come as a surprise. I wish they had come up with another reason to keep him here for S2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got to watch it.

I could have done without either of the twists at the end. They didn't ruin it but they weren't needed. It was great film noir up to then. The alien reveal at least did make a couple of his actions make a little more sense.

The Henry twist bugged me a little bit more. Mainly because it felt like lazy writing in an otherwise well written show. It was too paint by numbers. I figured something was up with the guy earlier on and it didn't really come as a surprise. I wish they had come up with another reason to keep him here for S2.

Yeah… the “really helpful friend/ally is actually the enemy” twist is a really tired trope at this point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd