Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Eubanks explains why he left the Suns to go to the Jazz.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

“The interest was always there for me to return (to Phoenix),” Eubanks said. “The notion of it being a ‘mutual split’ is just factually false. There were a lot of conversations about me coming back this next year from the moment the season ended and into free agency. At the end of the day, there were other opportunities and I had to make the best decision for myself and my family. Loved my year in Phoenix.”

The athletic 6-10 big declined his player option with the Suns for $2.6 million and signed a two-year deal for $10 million with the Jazz.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drew Eubanks explains why he left the Suns to go to the Jazz.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

“The interest was always there for me to return (to Phoenix),” Eubanks said. “The notion of it being a ‘mutual split’ is just factually false. There were a lot of conversations about me coming back this next year from the moment the season ended and into free agency. At the end of the day, there were other opportunities and I had to make the best decision for myself and my family. Loved my year in Phoenix.”

The athletic 6-10 big declined his player option with the Suns for $2.6 million and signed a two-year deal for $10 million with the Jazz.

I'd think the quadrupled amount of guaranteed money would make it a no brainer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd think the quadrupled amount of guaranteed money would make it a no brainer.

Exactly. I would have liked to have Eubanks back as a third center, but the money makes the choice obvious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Courtesy of Gerald Bourguet and PHNX, Nuggets expert Adam Mares gives a quick breakdown of three Suns players: Monte Morris, Mason Plumlee and Collin Gillespie.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
List of Top Ten Free Agents unsigned:

Okoro/Walker/Jones would not be bad/cheap pickups for help/bench scoring/PG backup help?

Welcome aboard.

I will take Precious Achiuwa. Tyus Jones will probably get more money and opportunity than the Suns can give.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Party! Which doofus picked Dragan and that thug with the neck muscles? Don't hire them again.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It's happening. Let's see who Mat Ishbia hires. I've been wanting a stronger focus on scouting for a long time.
They probably need to purge all of the guys Sarver brought in (on the cheap, undoubtedly).

Unfortunately, the main clown (Jones) is still here for the time being.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They probably need to purge all of the guys Sarver brought in (on the cheap, undoubtedly).

Unfortunately, the main clown (Jones) is still here for the time being.

I think that is next on the agenda.

My guess is someone else is making personnel decisions within the organization behind the scene besides James Jones.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's interesting.

Can't have enough shooters.

I found that interesting as well. I wonder if he might be pegged as a possible successor down the line. He's not young but for a coach he kind of is. He just needs experience. Bud comes from the Coach Pop coaching tree already so plucking someone from San Antonio isn't all that surprising on the surface except taking someone from their front office to be an assistant coach here is a bit weird. San Antonio seems primed for their next run with Wemby being legit and surrounding him with more veterans to take the next step.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found that interesting as well. I wonder if he might be pegged as a possible successor down the line. He's not young but for a coach he kind of is. He just needs experience. Bud comes from the Coach Pop coaching tree already so plucking someone from San Antonio isn't all that surprising on the surface except taking someone from their front office to be an assistant coach here is a bit weird. San Antonio seems primed for their next run with Wemby being legit and surrounding him with more veterans to take the next step.

As I recall, the Suns liked Brent Barry as a player and always wanted him on the team. The Suns always liked certain type of personalities that fit their image and style.