Suns 4th in Power Rankings

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
No offense, but as far as power rankings go, that's a joke. 7-6 and #4, atleast wait until they get three or four games above .500 . For someone from Dallas, Stein is the biggest Nash *********** I've seen this side of Bill Walton.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Power rankings are done on form and how they did the past week. Suns have gone 6-1 in their last 7 including wins over the Hornets and Warriors. Think people mis-understand what the power rankings really are.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power rankings are done on form and how they did the past week. Suns have gone 6-1 in their last 7 including wins over the Hornets and Warriors. Think people mis-understand what the power rankings really are.

Yeah, I totally agree here.

I think it's nice to see people recognizing that 6-1 record, instead of just going by overall standings.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense, but as far as power rankings go, that's a joke. 7-6 and #4, atleast wait until they get three or four games above .500 . For someone from Dallas, Stein is the biggest Nash *********** I've seen this side of Bill Walton.

Settle down Beavis :D ;)

brady_44

Reaction score
They had a rough start but it's nice to see people still realize they are an elite team.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
IMO, the first 6 or so games were preseason for Suns, getting to know each other since their preseason was a European vacation.

nowagimp

Reaction score

This is true, people from Dallas are usually Nowitski pole smokers, or in the case of cuban, a Dampier ***********.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Utah still @ #1. I keep wondering - is this team for real? I thought they would make the playoffs, but wow. OR, should they have two more losses to the Suns? One thing is for sure, Jerry Sloan is still relevant - and I repect that a ton.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah still @ #1. I keep wondering - is this team for real? I thought they would make the playoffs, but wow. OR, should they have two more losses to the Suns? One thing is for sure, Jerry Sloan is still relevant - and I repect that a ton.

....especially in an era that shies away from "old school" coaching.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, Jerry Sloan is still relevant - and I repect that a ton.
Jerry Sloan is the man - he has coached that team for almost 20 years. I can't believe he has never won a Coach of the Year award - maybe this is his year.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not an elite team.

There are two elite teams in the NBA and the Suns arent one of them.

Just like the guy who wrote the rankings, you are entitled to your opinion. I personally don't care what the Power Rankings say. Nor do I care who are the "elite teams" when it is November. Both the Suns and the Mavericks have bounced back nicely from poor starts. Hopefully we can both ride it to the playoffs.

Ubermench

Reaction score
Just like the guy who wrote the rankings, you are entitled to your opinion. I personally don't care what the Power Rankings say. Nor do I care who are the "elite teams" when it is November. Both the Suns and the Mavericks have bounced back nicely from poor starts. Hopefully we can both ride it to the playoffs.

I hope that Nash is able to put together another nice season. He's still a fave of mine.

As far as who is and who is not "elite" goes, the Suns are not in the conversation.

I would say that tier 1 looks like this:
1. Mavs
2. Spurs

Tier 2 looks a little like this:
3. Rockets
4. Suns
5. Clippers
6. Lakers
7. Jazz

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score

Suns aren't elite but the Mavs are? what a joke.

it's 1-1 in the series between the suns and the mavs in terms of playoffs and you beat us last year in 6 games when we were without two key players yet that makes you so cocky? :lol:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I hope that Nash is able to put together another nice season. He's still a fave of mine.

As far as who is and who is not "elite" goes, the Suns are not in the conversation.

1. Mavs
2. Spurs

3. Rockets
4. Suns
5. Clippers
6. Lakers
7. Jazz

You totally didn't just rate the clips above the jazz, and put the jazz near the bottom of the Wconf playoffs...

I wouldn't be surpised if the jazz "upset" dallas if the team thinks of them the same as their fans do..

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

surely a team with a 2 time mvp, most improved player, and a center coming back from an injury who is probably the hardest to guard in the league- with the most versitile player that the nba has seen in a while (marion) - and a team who shot the best 3's and free throws last year as well as scoring the most PPG isnt an elite team.

it was so obvious all along

id like to play dallas and san antonio again now that we seem to know what we are doing. another thing, in our beginning of the season slump, we still took the spurs to overtime and even then only lost due to a clutch-free throw being missed. now that amare has it going again, id love to see him and nowitzki go at it as well as him and tim duncan

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

1. Mavs
2. Spurs

3. Rockets
4. Suns
5. Clippers
6. Lakers
7. Jazz

its still very early but the whole idea that the spurs and mavs are the 2 best teams in the west is very tired and frankly its just not true. the jazz seem legit to me, even with a clutch players of theirs out of the lineup so they oughta be up there. rather than explaing myself ill give my take on the ranks of the west to this point

1)Jazz
2)Suns
3)Clippers/mavericks
4)spurs
5)rockets/lakers

though the jazz are better coached right now and have a better record at the moment, i still belive that they dont have the experience to take anyone out in the playoffs and i feel that the suns truly are the better team overall

Ubermench

Reaction score
On a board where people argue "it's 1-1 between the Mavs and Suns", "A team with Stoudemire beats the West Conference Champs", etc, etc, I dont see us making any headway here towards some homerless discussion. It's a shame because even our biggest rival fans (Spurs) in the best, most heated, and significant rivalry in the NBA can manage to admit that the Mavs are the defending West Champs, and have proven that they are the best team in the West.

Getting people on this site to admit that the Mavs have proven more over the past season is like pulling teeth.

The Mavs are the West Champs. Scoreboard.

The Mavs used the Suns like a stepping stool on their way to an 11+ game win streak. The Mavs used the Suns to bring their team together.

Scoreboard.

Dirk had a legendary perfomance at the expense of Marion, Diaw, and whoever else the Suns thought they could cover him with on his way to 50 points (on your home floor no less).

Dirk led his team to the NBA finals, while Suns fans could only watch from the outside again.

Scoreboard.

Until that bunch of no-defense ex-Nellie-Mavericks can learn how to beat top-notch competition in the Finals, you guys will be watching the new Mavericks walk right over the Suns. Been there, done that with Nash at the helm in Dallas. Enjoy the reg. season because the playoffs wont be too friendly.

Scoreboard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a board where people argue "it's 1-1 between the Mavs and Suns", "A team with Stoudemire beats the West Conference Champs", etc, etc, I dont see us making any headway here towards some homerless discussion. It's a shame because even our biggest rival fans (Spurs) in the best, most heated, and significant rivalry in the NBA can manage to admit that the Mavs are the defending West Champs, and have proven that they are the best team in the West.

Getting people on this site to admit that the Mavs have proven more over the past season is like pulling teeth.

The Mavs used the Suns like a stepping stool on their way to an 11+ game win streak. The Mavs used the Suns to bring their team together.

Scoreboard.

Dirk had a legendary perfomance at the expense of Marion, Diaw, and whoever else the Suns thought they could cover him with on his way to 50 points (on your home floor no less).

Dirk led his team to the NBA finals, while Suns fans could only watch from the outside again.

Scoreboard.

Until that bunch of no-defense ex-Nellie-Mavericks can learn how to beat top-notch competition in the Finals, you guys will be watching the new Mavericks walk right over the Suns. Been there, done that with Nash at the helm in Dallas. Enjoy the reg. season because the playoffs wont be too friendly.

Scoreboard.

I really do find it quite hilarious how much the Mavs fans beat their chests about struggling to beat a Suns team without 3/5s of it's starting lineup last year in the playoffs. Hell, even when we had 4/5 of our starting lineup two years ago, we beat your sorry asses - could you imagine what we would have done last year if we had that?

Good lord - your team is soft as tissue paper and is praying that Amare doesn't come back to full strength because you KNOW you got lucky squeaking past a banged up Spurs team last year and Amare/Bell/KT-less Suns, on the way to the greatest choke job in NBA Finals history. Kudos for that "glorious" fluke of a run which makes you "the best team in the West".

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

Hold the phone, hold the phone, hold the phone here on the rest of your post.

The mavs to me proved one thing last year:

They are chokers.

After choking away what should have been a title to miami.

Let me restate that:

MIAMI

One more time:

MIAMI

I am sorry but to me it was just plain inexcusable. I mean shaq didn't even have a great performance..

Ubermench

Reaction score
Hold the phone, hold the phone, hold the phone here on the rest of your post.
The mavs to me proved one thing last year:
They are chokers.
After choking away what should have been a title to miami.
Let me restate that:
MIAMI
One more time:
MIAMI
I am sorry but to me it was just plain inexcusable. I mean shaq didn't even have a great performance..

Scoreboard.

Have another nice regular season, only to flame out in the playoffs against superior competition like the Mavericks.

Scoreboard.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Ubermench just got freaking owned!!

Funny how all he can say is scoreboard but fails to reply to any of the main points above.

Lets see how you do when you have dirk and dampier out for a playoff run and see how you do.