Suns at Cavs 2/11

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Despite one of his highest scoring games of the season, LeBron James was left frustrated after his latest effort.
Frustration has been a familiar feeling at the end of his games against the Phoenix Suns.James and the Cleveland Cavaliers look to bounce back from two tough losses Wednesday when they host the stumbling Suns, who have won the last four meetings between these teams.

Cleveland (39-11) suffered its first home loss of the season Sunday, falling 101-91 to the Los Angeles Lakers to snap a 23-game winning streak at Quicken Loans Arena.The Cavs couldn't recover Tuesday, losing 96-95 to the Indiana Pacers for their first consecutive defeats of the season. James scored 47 points -- his second-most of 2008-09 -- but was whistled for a foul with 0.2 seconds remaining, which allowed Indiana's Danny Granger to hit the winning free throw.

James went 15-for-21 from the field, and had tied the contest after being fouled on an alley-oop with 0.4 seconds left. The odd sequence of events to end the game had Cavaliers coach Mike Brown furious."That last call, on the run, is the worst call that I have ever been a part of," Brown said. "I cannot imagine another worse call than that. It was an awful call and for him to take away a basketball game from a team with .4 seconds on the clock is irresponsible."

The Cavs, who have the second-best record in the Eastern Conference, now return home for their final game before the All-Star break. While they face a Phoenix (28-22) team that has dropped four of seven overall, the Suns have won 15 of the last 18 meetings between these teams and four straight in the series, despite the best efforts of James.James has averaged 31.6 points against the Suns -- his highest career average against any opponent -- including two 40-point games. Still, he is just 2-8 versus Phoenix.

James is averaging 36.2 points in his last five games overall.Phoenix is looking to bounce back after a dismal offensive performance in a 108-91 loss at Philadelphia on Monday, when it trailed by as many as 20 points.Amare Stoudemire scored 19 points and Jason Richardson added 16 for the Suns, who committed 18 turnovers leading to 25 Philadelphia points.Steve Nash had eight assists, but was held to two points on 1-for-8 shooting.The Suns were coming off back-to-back wins, including a 107-97 victory over Detroit on Sunday in the opener of this road trip. They were looking to match their longest winning streak of the season, but instead failed to score 100 points for the first time in nine games."I think our energy is what got us down," Stoudemire said. "I think for the most part, we played decent. Sometimes it's just tough getting those wins on a back-to-back."

Nash averaged 28.0 points and 9.5 assists in Phoenix's two victories over the Cavaliers last season.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=290211005

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns were coming off back-to-back wins, including a 107-97 victory over Detroit on Sunday in the opener of this road trip. They were looking to match their longest winning streak of the season...

OMG, I thought this had to be a mistake, but it's not. The Suns' longest winning streak this season really is only three games. That's horrendous.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I watch the Suns game it will be hard knowing Sarver/ Kerr will likely be making some serious changes to the team probably after the Cleveland and All-Star games. I understand Steve Nash may not even play tonight. Right now I just want these two games and the trading deadline over so I know if there will be a Suns team left with a future that I can believe.

It's sad, I cannot even look forward to the ASG.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
could be the last game amare plays in a suns uniform

:(

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why isn't Nash playing?
He is being traded away

I wish

Nash to sit out tonight's game

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/02/11/20090211spt-nashgametime.html#commentsby Paul Coro - Feb. 11, 2009 04:58 PM

Suns guard Steve Nash will miss tonight's final pre-All-Star break tilt at Cleveland.

Nash was 1 for 8 from the field in Monday's loss at Philadelphia when he was pulled earlier than usual in the third quarter and never returned to the game. Nash said that his back, shoulder and hamstring had bothered him so much that he could have risked further injury had he re-entered that game.

The team had Tuesday in Cleveland off. Nash walked through Wednesday morning's shootaround but told Terry Porter he was still hurting.

The Suns are 2-2 this season when Nash does not play but the two wins came against losing teams (Memphis and Sacramento) while the losses came to winning teams (New Orleans and Miami).

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/02/11/20090211spt-nashgametime.html

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dragic 2 fouls, 2 turnovers, 1 assist in 4 minutes. You could probably pick a point guard at random from the D-League and get better performance.

Edit: make that 3 turnovers.

Last edited:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I wish I could watch the Phoenix broadcast, but it keeps freezing...I don't like the Cleveland broadcast

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns and Cavs tied at 29 after the 1st quarter. Suns shooting 67% with 1/2 3 pointers, Cavs 39% with 3/8 3 pointers. :)

Suns have 6 turnovers (Shaq and Dragic both have 2), Cavs 1. :(

Suns have 1 offensive rebound, Cavs 6. :(

Suns have hit 4/5 free throws, Cavs have hit 4/7 free throws.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
go suns!

kinda funny when you think about it,
that the suns longest winning streak this season is only 3 wins.
:sigh:

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Stern must have called the refs to go lenient on the Cavs for giving the Pacers the game last night.

i am the bad guy

Registered
Reaction score
Suns are hanging in their well, but geez if the turnovers could be cut down, who knows where we'd be at right now.
Hope we can just keep it close thru the 3rd. Thats seems to be the quarter we usually do terrible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05