Suns at Lakers 11-4-14

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's 4 games into the season and some of you already want to make a trade? I understand the perceived notion that we need to get better/bigger/whatever, but give them at least a month to gel and see what they have.

I think we're going to have to give them more than a month. We wouldn't benefit much from a mediocre big man but we don't have the tradable assets to acquire a good big man. We're going to have to win on the strength of our guards and right now they just aren't meshing. But it's not that we're reacting to where we are, 4 games into the season. I had no idea if our guards would fit together right away or not but our weakness up front was obvious long before the preseason rolled around. In the end, I think McDonough just acquired/retained the assets available to him knowing that was the best that was out there despite it making for a dangerously lopsided team.

I would have thought that a possible Dragic move was envisioned but that became unlikely when we pursued and acquired Zoran. It seems to me that our big move probably doesn't happen until after the season given that some of our assets are currently untradable by rule. Unless, of course, someone has a mid-season fire sale. And if that happens, I just hope it's not us holding the fire sale.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, they were but the Suns swept in and knocked him off his feet.

I heard that we offered him less money than the Lakers but we sweetened the deal by promising he wouldn't have to play with Kobe.:)

Steve

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Did not like Bledsoe's body language in this game. Everyone was cheering for Thomas and Green during the second quarter. Bledsoe just sat there with a mopey look on his face. Then looked disinterested the rest of the game.

I was at the game and kept telling my loser Laker fan friend that Bledsoe wasn't giving his best effort. This is probably the reason:

The Suns put the ball in the hands of Goran Dragic more Tuesday night from the start. Getting Dragic more involved put Bledsoe off the ball more and Bledsoe became disengaged quickly

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.../?hootPostID=dfecb40f3f76b72dfd5c8bee883c264d

He probably feels things where already clicking with him as the primary ballhandler. Goran is better at the 2 than Bled is.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Bledsoe left the game with two fouls after 5:47, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek never went back to him, especially with the backcourt of Isaiah Thomas and Gerald Green catching fire in the second quarter. Meanwhile, Bledsoe's body language and expressions showed frustration, whether he was the last player off the bench to greet teammates or lacking energy at times on the court.

He needs a serious change in attitude or he is going to be a cancer in the locker room. He already got his big pay day and needs to be appreciate his teammates when they are helping the team win. its not always going to be your night...just be happy for others when it's not.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He needs a serious change in attitude or he is going to be a cancer in the locker room. He already got his big pay day and needs to be appreciate his teammates when they are helping the team win. its not always going to be your night...just be happy for others when it's not.

You never know what the issue is. It could be frustration over fouls, little injury, flu/sickness, frustration over personal play--almost anything. To read locker room cancer into this is way premature.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You never know what the issue is. It could be frustration over fouls, little injury, flu/sickness, frustration over personal play--almost anything. To read locker room cancer into this is way premature.

Well...I guess we'll see.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It is interesting that you left out other obvious possibilities causing Eric's issues. Having to compete with, not one but, two Point Guards. And simply, not being The Man.

Once upon a time, Point Guard Kevin Johnson had an issue not being The Man when Charles Barkley took over that role and referred to KJ as "Franchise, Jr." With the game on the line, KJ became a ball hog.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought part of the reason Bledsoe was a bit off vs the Lakers was due to him being ejected after getting mugged by Kobe all game in the opener. That game was in Phoenix and the ref's still seemed to let Kobe get away with everything he did to Bledsoe and when Eric responded at all he was T'd up and then ejected. In LA he would probably get tossed quicker, I wouldn't be surprised if Hornacek talked to him about maintaining his cool throughout the game before hand.