Suns @ Blazers Game Thread 2-19-13

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm watching the Suns game tonight with an eye on who plays and who doesn't play with the trade deadline looming. Rumors have the Knicks interested in O'Neal and Toronto with possible interest in Telfair. I doubt the Suns get involved in any major trade, however, subtle trades appear possible.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are up 10-0 early. Did anyone tell the Suns they are supposed to lose this game?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why Tucker should not pass the ball on a fast break when he has a chance to take it to the rim... the ball goes out of bounds on the pass.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are playing O'Neal if this has any meaning.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns clobbering a team the Lakers are trailing... this team hurts my soul.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Refs obviously called an offensive foul there. Albert missed it. Then as we're going into the commercial break". . . . Oh and they actually call an offensive foul there. Wow". Ugh, he misses so much.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
... Collision in the lane, ref blows whistle calls the charge "Foul on the Suns and the basket will count!" PA announcer calls it an offensive foul "Oh, they changed it to a charging foul, how about that?!" Albert is one of the best.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think whatever happens on a play Violet Palmer will get the call completely backwards. So at least she is unbiased.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Refs obviously called an offensive foul there. Albert missed it. Then as we're going into the commercial break". . . . Oh and they actually call an offensive foul there. Wow". Ugh, he misses so much.

... Collision in the lane, ref blows whistle calls the charge "Foul on the Suns and the basket will count!" PA announcer calls it an offensive foul "Oh, they changed it to a charging foul, how about that?!" Albert is one of the best.

Not only that, the referee signaled it was an offensive foul.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eddie Johnson just just mispronounced "pronunciation".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where has this Wesley Johnson been?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where has this Wesley Johnson been?

I think he only exists in inaccurate video games. This entire game has been a glitch in the programming. It will probably get patched during half-time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he only exists in inaccurate video games. This entire game has been a glitch in the programming. It will probably get patched during half-time.

I kept waiting for it to happen in the first half. Maybe the glitch will be fixed in the second half. I like to watch the Suns win, but this is not a game the Suns should be winning as you noted earlier.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn Warriors getting blown out of the building.

I feel like they are going to be the team that lets the Lakers in.

Reaction score
I like to see them ply well but we need to keep Portland ahead of the Lakers. They need to play like this against the Lakers

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow Palmer... even for her that was an abysmal call.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J.J. Hickson would be a good FA target for the Suns.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J.J. Hickson would be a good FA target for the Suns.

I don't think you're actually allowed to shoot at free agents. At least, I hope you're talking about shooting at him. :) Not a Hickson fan.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're actually allowed to shoot at free agents. At least, I hope you're talking about shooting at him. :) Not a Hickson fan.

Steve

Hickson has a lot to like and he is only 24. He is a physical specimen.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ugh, one of the few teams I really mind seeing us beat. Isn't Lindsey Hunter not supposed to allow us to win these games?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hickson has a lot to like and he is only 24. He is a physical specimen.

I don't know that he's an improvement over Morris. He'd have been a decent pick and roll player with Nash but that's no longer our game. He has worse hands than Gortat. He has no low post game and he can't turn and hit the shot either.

There's a reason teams keep giving up on him, let's face it, big and young are desirable qualities and yet Portland was able to claim him off waivers. He's easily defended and offense is his strong suit. Don't get me wrong, he's not horrible but he grossly overrates his value and that's never a good thing with a player that needs to really work on his game. Two years ago he publicly claimed to be the best power forward in the game. That should scare anyone.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that he's an improvement over Morris. He'd have been a decent pick and roll player with Nash but that's no longer our game. He has worse hands than Gortat. He has no low post game and he can't turn and hit the shot either.

There's a reason teams keep giving up on him, let's face it, big and young are desirable qualities and yet Portland was able to claim him off waivers. He's easily defended and offense is his strong suit. Don't get me wrong, he's not horrible but he grossly overrates his value and that's never a good thing with a player that needs to really work on his game. Two years ago he publicly claimed to be the best power forward in the game. That should scare anyone.

Steve

Somehow without any game he has figured out how to score and rebound. He must be doing something right.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow without any game he has figured out how to score and rebound. He must be doing something right.

He's a decent rebounder and a pretty good pick and roll player despite his hands. Like Gortat, he's best when he gets to receive the ball on the roll to the basket. When he's forced to create his own shot, he really struggles. I haven't watched him much this year so perhaps he's improved but I really doubt it.

If we added him on the cheap, I'd be okay with that. But like I said, he thinks he's much more of a player than he is and that kind of player often times is disruptive in the locker room, is dissatisfied with his contract and doesn't feel the need to work on his weaknesses because he doesn't accept he has them. That's a general statement about "players like that". I have no idea if any of it really applies to Hickson but I'm always leery of someone who grossly overrates their own performance. It's also a concern that a 24 year old power forward is on a 1 year deal with his 3rd team already.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moving on, I'd be surprised if a contender does not want to add O'Neal to their roster for the playoffs before the trading deadline.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake