Suns @ Bulls

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Suns 110 Bulls 88

I think the Suns are on such a roll right now. It's going to carry over.

Hey Slin, do you get games from Pontel?

I'm getting the season pack on dvd.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah I have that too. German pay tv shows 2 live games a week but I can't even remember when the last Suns game was on and there isn't any scheduled right now.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It should be a fun game. I am confident that Phoenix will win. I'll say 107-89
Several things I am going to look for tonight:

1. I want to see Nash limit his careless turnovers.

2. I want to see Richardson finally hit some shots.

3. I want to see Stoudemire touch the ball in the low post every time down the floor in a half- court set.

Stefan

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
118-82 Suns Win!!! Amare Can't touch the ball in the post when he's resting on the bench, Then what do we do :shrug:

StatsAmare

Playin' 110%
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Lots of Chicago fans seem to be predicting a Bulls win as well as keeping us in the low 90s. ;)
yeah, they'll keep us in the 90 range....and in the FOURTH quarter we get into the 110 range.:wave:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Well, it would be nice to see Richardson post up instead if just stand at the three point line. I can't think of a better post up SG in the NBA.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
geez people aren't talking much about this game... it seemed closer than it was. It didn't seem like we played well and we won by 20 :D

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
geez people aren't talking much about this game... it seemed closer than it was. It didn't seem like we played well and we won by 20 :D

:raccoon:

It seemed close...It's not like the Suns were just rolling today...but somehow they did...maybe we're just being spoilt?

:raccoon:

Great win...now lets finish out this road trip with a THUNDEROUS WIN!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
National game tomorrow night.

Hopefully the Suns don't blow it!

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The refs tonight decided to ignore Stern and call the game like they used to. The Bulls were grabbing, jabbing, and poking all night. They called hard fouls, but not the "impede movement" calls that the Suns were getting in the previous three games.

Fortunately, the Suns continue to play solid defense and held the Bulls to just 33% shooting. Deng shot only 8 of 22, Curry 1 of 5, Hinrich 4-13, and Nocioni 3 of 11.

The Suns took 27 foul shots and hit 23 (Amare was 10-11 from the line).

Eddie Johnson noted that the scorer of the game in Chicago was not counting all of the Suns rebounds. None the less, the Suns grabbed 54 boards against the bigger Bulls who got 52. Bo got three rebounds in just 6 minutes. :thumbup:

StatsAmare

Playin' 110%
Reaction score
well if nothing else it was nice seeing the suns tighten up since there shooting was off. anyone catch the final shooting % for us?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I was way off on my prediction. :)

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the next game could actually be touch.. Cleveland has played well at home so far this year... losing only by 1 point to the Pacers.. if we play like we did tonight don't know if we win amazing enough... If Chicago could have hit a third of their three pointers (which many were open) and shot a decent free throw % it would have been very close...

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
I was way off on my prediction. :)

The refs called it like it was a playoff game. The way the Bulls were banging into the Suns players, the Suns should have gone to the line 50 times. I'm proud of how they maintained their composure while being mugged.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
here's an interesting statement:

the suns sleepwalked their way to a 20 pt road win

too many 3's attempted, i still want to see more of the offense flow through amare. still, you can't have too many complaints with a result like that. If suns win tomorrow, Purple Palace will be ROCKIN' for the kings saturday!

TopGamer

Veteran
Reaction score
I gotta admit I am spoiled already by these 100+ pt wins. When I saw the final score I was dissapointed even though we blew them out. But good game. Nice to see Q showing up.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tonight's game was a little sloppy. The starters came out and built a decent 12 pt lead in the 1st qtr. Then D'Antoni went to an all-backup lineup that almost lost the lead (it went down to 4-5 pts in about 4 minutes). With about 8 minutes left in the 2nd qtr, the starters came back in and immediately got the lead back up to 15 or so. The Suns pretty much cruised from there and played some pretty good defense. The most impressive thing was how the Suns crashed the defensive and offensive board. Tom Leander & Eddie Johnson were right about the game statistician not recording the rebounds correctly because he only had the Suns with 12 offensive rebounds when they probably had 20+. Still Amare (15 recorded rebs) & Shawn (13 rec. rebs) were monsters on the glass all night long. The Suns didn't really get any production from their bench.

The Suns really need to work the ball into Amare tomorrow in Cleveland. The Cavs interior defense is pretty weak and neither Gooden or Z can guard him. I'd like to see Hunter get a start against Z, but it'll probably be Jake. Cleveland is coming off an easy win against the Hawks, so both are playing back-to-back games against easy opponents.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
no so fast on that easy win for the cavs statement. it was close till the 4th, and bronbron played all 48. i know he's only 19, but all 48?

also, anyone think they're 'showcasing' casey? he played 22 minutes tonight when there were many other options available. not saying he didn't deserve it, just that it seemed a little odd.

also, i believe LBJ should get with an electric company to market new bulbs called 'LeBrights'.......alright, i'm fired...........

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Casey played some ok defense, but he didn't shoot the ball very well tonight. I don't know if they were trying to showcase him though. There was a stretch in the 4th qtr where they gave Nash a rest and brought in CJ and I really thought Barbosa should've been in the game. This was the time when Chicago started trying to full court press the Suns and JJ & Q struggled a little bringing the ball up the court.

Dustbuster

Veteran
Reaction score
Billy The Kid,
You mentioned someone who was going to put the season on DVD for you. Do you have a way to contact this person for me? I would be happy to get in on the deal if possible and affordable. Thanks a lot, DB