Suns @ Clippers 2-22-16

Errntknght

Reaction score
If you concede that Warren is better than Tucker then we lost our entire starting 5...

Bledsoe, Knight, Warren, Markieff, Chandler

Alex Len is the the only scoring threat besides Booker in the starting lineup. Letting Price start over Goodwin has not paid off at all, neither has starting Humphries.

You are kidding yourself if you think we are likely to win 4 of 5 at home vs those 5 or that we have a decent chance vs bos, was or uth.

We won 2 games without Bledsoe. 2 wins in 70 days. We are by far the worst team right now.

That was a spectacular run but we are talking about Phoenix and the draft - we are snake bitten when it comes to almost any aspect of the draft. What could go wrong this time? A handful of wins against our suddenly easy schedule is all it would take. The players aren't tanking you know and they aren't hopeless - with a few exceptions. They don't believe they can beat anyone but comaraderie and teamwork can turn that around quickly. One win and their confidence will start coming back. Luckily we don't have any leadership but if Tyson comes back that could change or someone else might step up.

Heck, we don't have to suddenly get good, we just have to get better than our opponents think we are - and that ain't that hard.

If we keep changing the lineup as we try out guys on ten day contracts we might keep the cohesion low, that's my suggestion.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any limit on how many 10 day contracts you can have in total for a year? I think we should bring in almost anyone we can for a look. Jason Thompson (GSW) is still idle. He's been steady his whole career, playing about average for PFs, a little above on rebounding and defense. Not a three point threat but its nice to be able to lift the D & R up a notch down the stretch of games.

I wouldn't limit it to guys that we have a serious interest in... its a good way to keep from getting wins.

Our schedule the rest of the way is very soft, sorry as this team is if it got a bit of chemistry going we could win ten more games.

We have 5 home games we are likely to win: Brklyn, NYK, Wolves, Lakers, Kings
3 home games we have a decent chance to win: Celtics, Washington, Utah
8 road games we have a chance to win: Charlotte, Orlando, Denver, Lakers, Kings, Wolves, Milwaukee, Pelicans.

Most likely we win 4 of first 5, 1 or next 3, and 3 of last 8, for a total of 8. We won't get ahead (in the tanking race) and we might well drop to 5th...

If Knight returns it could help the Suns win some games. Also there is talk the Suns may be interested in bringing in a SF as Tucker is the only one at this position.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Let's try to pry Morris from Detroit.

With Knight hero balling I think the losses will continue to mount up. That's a good thing. No matter how bad luck we have in the draft we have to be in a position to win (top 2).

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's try to pry Morris from Detroit.

With Knight hero balling I think the losses will continue to mount up. That's a good thing. No matter how bad luck we have in the draft we have to be in a position to win (top 2).

We're piling up loses as is. Knight's hero balling can often do more damage than good but he is the kind of guy who can get really hot and win a game almost on his own.

Leave Knight in a suit.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We've lost 13 of our last 14 games since Brandon went down, I think we can lose just fine without him. Sit him, let his ankle and his sports hernia fully heal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake