Suns have best five-player combo in the league

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
Wow - based on a whopping 4 games. :)

I find plus-minus ratings interesting, but we need a much larger sample set.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
This is a great observation. When we are losing - stick in this 5...

...what happens if they are already on the, ah, nevermind.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
This is a great observation. When we are losing - stick in this 5...

...what happens if they are already on the, ah, nevermind.

Because nobody can consistently go one on one to take over the end of the game except for maybe Nash. But that's not really his game. When it comes down to those crucial minutes you need someone to turn to in the clutch.......Amare was this player when we need a crucial rebound, block or shot.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because nobody can consistently go one on one to take over the end of the game except for maybe Nash. But that's not really his game. When it comes down to those crucial minutes you need someone to turn to in the clutch.......Amare was this player when we need a crucial rebound, block or shot.

:confused:

Amare wasn't that clutch at all. He would get most of his points in the first 3 quarters, and is notoriously average at rebounding and blocking....(besides that Spurs series)

Besides that one great block against Duncan in the playoffs, it was Marion that was counted on for clutch blocking/rebounding.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well if Diaw could stop turning into the next Dennis Green with all the chillie dogs hes eating and actually earn some of that big money he got then maybe we would have a top 5 lineup.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
:confused:

Amare wasn't that clutch at all. He would get most of his points in the first 3 quarters, and is notoriously average at rebounding and blocking....(besides that Spurs series)

Besides that one great block against Duncan in the playoffs, it was Marion that was counted on for clutch blocking/rebounding.

Never use Marion and clutch in the same sentence. I recall Amare coming up with huge rebounds at the end of games over and over again. I do recall Nash and Amare running and almost unstoppable pick and roll also.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never use Marion and clutch in the same sentence. I recall Amare coming up with huge rebounds at the end of games over and over again. I do recall Nash and Amare running and almost unstoppable pick and roll also.

:biglaugh:

Never say never. Marion on the DEFENSIVE end is about as clutch as any of the Suns have ever seen. Just because he does not always show for the playoffs on the offensive end, tells nothing about the defensive side of the ball.

Nice try though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan