Suns have not fueled same fan frenzy as in '93

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Also take notice that the media judges excitement level by the number of gimicks going on within the city. The truth is the peripherial fans are just starting to know this team, the hype (The whole Summer of 92 was all hype) was not in place long enough for these fans to jump on board. It is these fans who drive the silly signs, nicknames, The Majerle chicken sandwhich, rap songs, etc.. the media then jumps on these stories and the level of excitement is gaged.

All of this silly crap is comming again it just may happen a year later this year is for the long time die hards enjoy it.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When I was driving into work they were saying on the radio that TNT's top rated game over the weekend (I don't recall which) got worse ratings than the movie of the week that was playing on Lifetime...

That is really sad IMO

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charles Barkley drives me crazy. It says if he has completely forgotten who he was then the style that 92-93 team played. He's talking about how he's disappointed that the current Suns weren't more dominant last night because they could have shown that they are an elite team. Has he completely forgotten that at this point 12 years ago Paul Westphal had to make his famous guarantee because Barkley's team had lost the first two games of a five-game series at home against the #8 Lakers? Ridiculous.

He is also constantly talking about the Phoenix Suns defense or lack thereof. This current team plays defense every bit as well and every bit as often as his great team did. Last night he was saying with a tone of negativity that the Phoenix Suns just tried to outscore everybody. That's exactly what his team did, and they did it successfully. That's who they are. That's who they were.

The worst thing though is when Charles gets on a player's case for not playing good defense. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot... was anybody else seeing flashbacks of that 92-93 team during the Phoenix Suns run in the second quarter last night? They just overwhelmed Memphis the same way that Phoenix team of old used to do it. I kept yelling for my family to come in and watch because it was so much fun.

Joe Mama

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Charles Barkley drives me crazy. It says if he has completely forgotten who he was then the style that 92-93 team played. He's talking about how he's disappointed that the current Suns weren't more dominant last night because they could have shown that they are an elite team. Has he completely forgotten that at this point 12 years ago Paul Westphal had to make his famous guarantee because Barkley's team had lost the first two games of a five-game series at home against the #8 Lakers? Ridiculous.

He is also constantly talking about the Phoenix Suns defense or lack thereof. This current team plays defense every bit as well and every bit as often as his great team did. Last night he was saying with a tone of negativity that the Phoenix Suns just tried to outscore everybody. That's exactly what his team did, and they did it successfully. That's who they are. That's who they were.

The worst thing though is when Charles gets on a player's case for not playing good defense. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is.

Joe Mama

i agree with everything you say joe mama and sooooo wish someone would send an email to like ernie johnson and have him call charles on those topics next time in the studio. HOWEVER, even the porous defense of the 92-93 suns didn't give up the ridiculous amount of freebie layups that the suns were giving up last night. it was just ridiculous.