Suns @ Hornets Game Thread

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
I hate the crowd in USAC. Why are they always so quiet? Even when the game started, they didn't make any noise. Does anybody else find it strange that we have one of the quietest arenas in the entire league?

I've noticed that too. Comparing the Spurs crowd in their home opener to ours is pretty sad. It's a recent development as well, because I remember when we would go on one of those incredible runs in 04-05 when JJ/Q would start raining 3's the place would go absolutely berserk.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Prove me wrong. After the Shaq trade we were decent defensively (sometimes even very good), now there are more bad switches, players are out of position in every other possession, thus they foul a lot.

just because we are more defensive minded doesnt mean we can play the part. im not saying we cant get better or that we wont..but basically this whole team is from one of the best offenses of all time...to expect them to automatically turn into this great defeansive team is stupid.

barbosa and bell need to be replaced though....sure wish we had a rudy fernandez waiting in the wings (who could also play some point if need be.)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The difference between the crowd 10-15 years ago and now is night and day. Back then, the fans were psycho!! Always entertaining to go to a game.

TJ

Reaction score
Momentum starting to swing our way. Get it close baby

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
We will win this game. I guarantee it. NO can't contain Shaq and Amare and we will make them pay in the 4th for it.

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
Game #2? Seriously? There's no satisfying people like you, so what is the point in trying to prove anything? There's nothing to prove because it's only GAME 2!

So you cant, thanks :)

The problem is that the changes Kerr made since the Shaq trade are all about being better defensively and I would be more patient if I saw something promising.

The offense doesnt bother me that much, it was clear that its not in the focus and we will struggle a bit early.

TJ

Reaction score
That wasn't a foul on Barbosa....refs really killed that momentum we built up

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And just when you think they're coming back, Barbozo pulls that trash and then they leave Paul open for 3....
Just amazing.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 44-56 at the half.

Suns with 14 turnovers in the 1st half for Hornets' points. :rolleyes:

Hornets shooting 51% with 6/9 3 pointers. :(

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man do we just match-up terribly with this team, and I suspect the Lakers as well. We may be able to beat or play with SA, but that won't matter considering I don't think they'll be the biggest threats in the West.

interested to see if we come out with more fire in the 2nd or if we have another home opening ass-kicking coming to us.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
That was no foul on Barbosa.

Even if not.

What, exactly, does Barbosa contribute to merit him getting major minutes anymore? Did Bell even play in the second quarter? Inconsistent and overall not impressive shooting, some of the worst defense at his position in the league, no rebounding, no playmaking, no nothing at all except chucking and boneheaded plays over and over.

I don't understand what he's done to give him such a long leash through a three year regression.

1-6 shooting, 1 rebound, no assists, 3 fouls, 3 turnovers. Great line. And it's not just one game either, over the last couple years it just seems like whenever he steps on the floor 90% of the time bad things are going to happen. Then 10% of the time he's incredibly hot and unstoppable, usually against a terrible, undisciplined defense team. Then against tough, smart teams like New Orleans and San Antonio he's just continually bad.

I think it's pretty clear based on the first half of that second quarter that it's important that we NOT have both Nash and Stoudemire off the court at the same time. When Nash is out, we need to have Amare in and just give him the ball and let him go to work because this unit is not working. It's one thing to have an off night, but two times in a row they have just looked clueless.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
Personally, I think Barbosa is distracted with what's going on with his mom in Brazil. I don't see him as a very mentally strong player who can put things like that in the back of his mind to concentrate on basketball. Its unfortunate.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Feed Amare.

Feed Shaq.

enough said.

those two should be insulted that ely, armstrong, and west are the defensive obstacles in their way. our front court needs to win this game for us

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what scares me the most about this team (besides waiting for injuries to hit) is this: If we are not going to run, run, run like crazy anymore, we are completely screwed at the 2 guard position as Raja has ZERO dribble-drive game and Barbs is mediocre at best, and really only good on the break. Add that in to Barnes, who also has very little driving skills and you have very little creators in the half-court.

really though, Raja ain't a starting 2 guard on a title contending team at this point. He's still a good defender, but his lack of ball-handling skills in a set offense makes him almost useless on offense.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Feed Amare.

Feed Shaq.

enough said.

those two should be insulted that ely, armstrong, and west are the defensive obstacles in their way. our front court needs to win this game for us

You nailed it- Suns need to play to their strengths and their strength is inside game with Shaq and Amare.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
what scares me the most about this team (besides waiting for injuries to hit) is this: If we are not going to run, run, run like crazy anymore, we are completely screwed at the 2 guard position as Raja has ZERO dribble-drive game and Barbs is mediocre at best, and really only good on the break. Add that in to Barnes, who also has very little driving skills and you have very little creators in the half-court.

really though, Raja ain't a starting 2 guard on a title contending team at this point. He's still a good defender, but his lack of ball-handling skills in a set offense makes him almost useless on offense.

plenty of good teams have wing players with no ball handling or offensive skill. bowen is worse than raja offensively and much slower defensively, radmanovic (sp?) is mediocre defensively and a verrrry streaky shooter, rondo is far from spectacular, peterson (new orleans) isn't anything special on either end, and the list goes on. raja can be a starter on a title team just as well as any of the above guys can.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Suns need to find themselves in the West pretty fast or they'll be yesterdays news. This offense needs tweaking. They need to post up Shaq and Amare, screw the other guys!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser