Suns interested in Boozer!

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh... I hope not. He has another $16m due next season. He's not very good anymore. I really hope this is just another false rumor.

I am not at all happy with any of the rumored moves so far. In fact I hate them and would be pissed if they went down. I'd rather the team just stand pat fot the season rather than bring in one of these old guys who won't help much this season and do nothing for the future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh. I hate Boozer's game, or lack thereof come playoff time.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is the first time hearing Larry Snders or Greg Monroe or even Asik, No to Josh Smith. 16 Million nest Season EWWWWWWWWE, Thats way too much

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
It seems like anybody who's even remotely available has been tied to the Suns. I would venture to guess that the interest is on the incumbent team's side for most of these players looking to get one of Phoenix's picks next year.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
No thanks.

Boozer is not good enough to make us a contender and he certainly is not worth the $16 million that he is due to be paid next year. Boozer is in the declining stage of his career, is pouting on his current team and he has a history of disappearing when his team needs him most.

I think that Boozer is less valuable than the cap flexibility that Okafor provides.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like anybody who's even remotely available has been tied to the Suns. I would venture to guess that the interest is on the incumbent team's side for most of these players looking to get one of Phoenix's picks next year.

Okafor's expiring contract is driving these rumors as you are aware. I listened to Paul Coro on the radio a short time ago and he chuckled at the idea the Suns would go after Zach Randolph because he would change the Suns style of play. IMO, if the Sun cannot get a good young player with the assistance of Okafor's contract, they should just let it expire. No temporary fixes. And Randolph is much better than Boozer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its a Bulls blogger in the Yahoo "contributor" network. In other words, not a real reporter. I think we can safely assume any rumor that has the Suns bringing in an older player on a multi year deal is bupkis.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are going to be associated with every power forward that has even the remotest possibility of being traded by the deadline. The rumor mill is in full motion.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Its a Bulls blogger in the Yahoo "contributor" network. In other words, not a real reporter.
Exactly. It would really help if posters checked the source of an article before posting it, particularly in a new thread. Yahoo's contributor network is just fan blogs, and besides, that "article" does not even state that the Suns are actually interested but rather why they should be.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The Suns are going to be attached to SO MANY trade rumors because of their cap space and assets.

Monroe is interesting. Kind of similar to Al Jefferson IMO. And he fits with what the Suns seem to want. Someone young who can grow with the team.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The Suns are going to be attached to SO MANY trade rumors because of their cap space and assets.

Monroe is interesting. Kind of similar to Al Jefferson IMO. And he fits with what the Suns seem to want. Someone young who can grow with the team.

I agree, Monroe is interesting, but is he more interesting then Len? I'm not sure either could play the 4 so it'd create a development log-jam; and that's even before considering Plumlee.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score

Exactly, The Suns have cap space, draft picks, a big expiring contract and young players. Fans of every non-contender team with overpaid players are going to look at the Suns as a trade source. Usually it is our expiring, someone young and picks for an overpaid, past his prime player.

So far I've seen Boston, Lakers, Timberwolves, Chicago, Memphis, and New York rumors. I am waiting for the Okafor and picks to Denver for McGee.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Omer Asik is the only one of this bunch that would make enough difference to bother with. Len might develop into a better player and he's six years younger but you just about have to seriously consider Asik if he comes at a value appropriate cost. His defense and rebounding would be perfect for a fastbreak offense.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I've read that the Bulls are gonna amnesty Boozer after this season. The guy has negative trade value.

I like the Monroe and Josh Smith idea. Sure it closes the door on free agency but who are the Suns seriously gonna get anyway? I keep reading that the Pistons want to get rid of Smith but he was great last year for the Hawks and I think he would fit better with an up tempo team. Basically Monroe would be the prize and Smith would be ballast.

Okafor a Morris and the cap space evens it out. Pistons erase a mistake and move on. Suns get lots of front court help.

Maybe I just don't see what's wrong with Josh Smith?

HooverDam

Reaction score
I think smith would fit great here.

I'm not so sure. He loves to shoot the 3 and long 2s, even though he's awful at them. The SUns need a guy at SF than can spread the floor b/c neither of our guards are good outside shooters and do most of their work on drive and kick type action. If all 3 of your starting wings want to do the same kind of action, Im not sure that works.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please take Boozer!!!! I am not sure why we would want to trade him since we would have to take real salary back. No one is going to give young talent or draft picks for him. All indications are that we will be amnestied after this season and clear that $16 from the cap number. He is a shell of himself who cannot play defense, forgot how to rebound and has lost a shot and I would only wish that on Miami and L.A.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll take Boozer after they amnesty him. Give him the same amnesty offer we gave Scola.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God not Smith...

Smith is a absolutely awful offensive player, I mean horrifically bad. Not only does he put up bad stats individually, but his playstyle on offense is Beasley-esque. He disrupts breaks by slowing things down for his own awful isolation plays, he easily gets baited by the other team into taking dumb long shots and he pays very little attention offensively unless the ball is in his hands.

Smith is a disaster on that contract.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is curious, here are the players who are last eligable players this summer to have the amnesty claused used against them. There are a couple of names that have zero chance of it being used, like Durant and Rondo. If the player is traded, then it cannot be used against them.

Atlanta Hawks: Al Horford
Boston Celtics: Rajon Rondo
Chicago Bulls: Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer
Memphis Grizzlies: Zach Randolph, Mike Conley
Oklahoma City Thunder: Kevin Durant, Kendrick Perkins, Nick Collison
San Antonio Spurs: Tony Parker

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/07/potential-2014-amnesty-candidates.html

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please no more experimentation with guys on the wrong side of the hill. Enough already!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake