Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns seem really high on Oso Ighodaro as a backup 5 but since he only has a push shot, I wonder if NBA defenders will simply leave him alone outside.

Gerald Bourguet writes another great article about individual Suns players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside shooting is what worries me the most about the Suns drafted rookies, Ighodaro and Dunn.

By Gerald Bourguet at PHNX Suns Podcast:

That push shot is an effective tool, but also a necessary one, since Oso Ighodaro has no range outside of 12-15 feet from the basket. He took a grand total of two 3-pointers over his four years at Marquette and missed them both. At the NBA Draft Combine, out of 72 participants in the spot-up shooting drill, Ighodaro ranked 71st in percentage…with his Suns twin, Ryan Dunn, ranking 69th.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone trade an asset for Okogie? If he’s traded it will involve our future 1st.

I think if the Suns entertain trading their first round pick, it will be a much bigger trade involving a larger salary.

However, I can see another team having interest in Okogie for maybe a second round pick if they suffer and injury and like him.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. The Suns upped his salary for a reason.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would anyone trade an asset for Okogie? If he’s traded it will involve our future 1st.

Another flaw in making Okogie more tradable theory is giving him a bigger contract.

Why would someone want him and his bigger contract if he’s not performing?

Maybe if a team is looking to dump salary halfway through the season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another flaw in making Okogie more tradable theory is giving him a bigger contract.

Why would someone want him and his bigger contract if he’s not performing?

Maybe if a team is looking to dump salary halfway through the season.

That and he's not guaranteed beyond this season. So we might be able to get a 2nd rounder or two from him around the deadline.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns seem really high on Oso Ighodaro as a backup 5 but since he only has a push shot, I wonder if NBA defenders will simply leave him alone outside.

Gerald Bourguet writes another great article about individual Suns players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You can't leave a guy alone that can pass like he can. That's where he is really deadly. If I was another team, I would want him to use the push shot. No way I want him making easy passes for assists. You have to play up on him. We have a lob threat at center now. Been missing that for awhile now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't leave a guy alone that can pass like he can. That's where he is really deadly. If I was another team, I would want him to use the push shot. No way I want him making easy passes for assists. You have to play up on him.

Yeah, but you don't want five on four defense if Oso is left alone outside.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake