Suns Interim GM James Jones is (fill in the blank).

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Over his head

So far all that interim GM James Jones has done is add an over the hill 38 year old player (Jamal Crawford) and made his friend LeBron James very happy by buying out Tyson Chandler's contract so he could sign with the Lakers. Suns still don't have a point guard and their best player, Devin Booker, is getting more and more unhappy with the playing of the team. We can argue on this board whether he wants out or not but playing for a crappy team every year gets very discouraging. Can it get any worse??

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
James: Hey Robert, Tyson said he’ll knock 2 mil of his salary if we buy him out so he can go to the Lakers.

Robert: Yes!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We know Sarver is a terrible owner but why is he allowing this mediocracy to continue.

Allowing? I don't think he's the root of all evil but he is certainly integrally involved in the turmoil and disaster we are watching. If he knew a way to fix this, he'd probably rush into it but we're here because he doesn't have much of a clue.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A mystery. He isn't the architect of this mess, we've seen no reason to believe he's the solution either. But other than a few unsubstantiated reports, we know virtually nothing about his capabilities in his new role.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A mystery. He isn't the architect of this mess, we've seen no reason to believe he's the solution either. But other than a few unsubstantiated reports, we know virtually nothing about his capabilities in his new role.

You are right but I just don't see anyone in the Suns organization being able to fix it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Chandler deal is meh. The Crawford deal, I am like???? Especially since we don't play Crawford. Why did we need him? Neither move really is of any consequence to me.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
We know Sarver is a terrible owner but why is he allowing this mediocracy to continue.
The answer seems obvious, doesn't it? He's a banker. It is only about lining his pockets.

Firing his Head Coach then General Manager a few weeks into the new season, two years in a row, shows that he has no foresight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The answer seems obvious, doesn't it? He's a banker. It is only about lining his pockets.

Firing his Head Coach then General Manager a few weeks into the new season, two years in a row, shows that he has no foresight.
Let’s call a spade a spade. Yes he’s a banker. Losses don’t really seem to faze him no matter what he says. He will continue he status quo (like hiring James Jones) as long as the money keeps flowing in. The money will keep flowing because the fans a) support the sponsors, and b) continue to MONITARILY support the team.

It will take a dent in one or both of those things in order to bring on a systematic change. What the 20 people (at best) on this message board think makes no difference whatsoever.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s call a spade a spade. Yes he’s a banker. Losses don’t really seem to faze him no matter what he says. He will continue he status quo (like hiring James Jones) as long as the money keeps flowing in. The money will keep flowing because the fans a) support the sponsors, and b) continue to MONITARILY support the team.

It will take a dent in one or both of those things in order to bring on a systematic change. What the 20 people (at best) on this message board think makes no difference whatsoever.

I disagree. I believe he really wants to win, not as much as he wants money but he does want to win so I think the losses faze him quite a bit. But they're making money so I don't know what it will ultimately take to fix things in Sunsville. Trying to bring him down by putting up billboards or staying home isn't going to do much because he clearly has a thick skin and most of the money they are making has nothing to do with popularity or attendance or even viewership (right now, anyway).

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We shouldve burned this ************ down when he drove Kerr off after taking us to the WCF.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Remember when James Jones couldn’t shoot anymore because of those composite fiber balls?
Also, I remember thinking he seemed pretty smart when he played for the suns though. But now I can’t remember why.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Remember when James Jones couldn’t shoot anymore because of those composite fiber balls?
Also, I remember thinking he seemed pretty smart when he played for the suns though. But now I can’t remember why.
A pretty smart player is one thing. Out-thinking and out-negotiating NBA GM pro's is something else. It is the premiere pro basketball league in the world.

Just like with players and coaches, it is not so much if you are "good" or "bad". Just that you are better than your opponent in the next contest.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

He stuck around in the league for quite a while in spite of not being much good at anything, so the likely explanation people came up with was that he's smart. And maybe he is, who knows.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He stuck around in the league for quite a while in spite of not being much good at anything, so the likely explanation people came up with was that he's smart. And maybe he is, who knows.

Pretty sure no one accused Jack Haley of being smart.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I disagree. I believe he really wants to win, not as much as he wants money but he does want to win so I think the losses faze him quite a bit. But they're making money so I don't know what it will ultimately take to fix things in Sunsville. Trying to bring him down by putting up billboards or staying home isn't going to do much because he clearly has a thick skin and most of the money they are making has nothing to do with popularity or attendance or even viewership (right now, anyway).

If there are billboards all over town and a nearly empty arena, the powers that be will help prod him out. He was part of a group who bought the team. He is not wealthy by NBA owner standards (which is why he is the laughing stock of the league)

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
...yet another cheap and inexperienced hire by the buffoon Robert Sarver & pals.

SARVER
E
L
L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake