Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That was a big time drive and he helped bring them back from a 13 point second half deficit. The numbers aren’t incredible, but he made the plays that made the difference today and led the team to a season saving W.
I was thinking during the game...
This one might check the "win a game you just have to win" box.
Not quite a clinching game but in nearly every respect an elimination game.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Despite an awful game against Washington. Kyler is still 5th in QBR on the year.

Pass pro was good in the 1st half, but shaky in the 2nd, and that slowed down the passing attack some.

But he's the best QB in the division for sure.

Brock The Pretender so unimpressive today, even with all that talent around him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pass pro was good in the 1st half, but shaky in the 2nd, and that slowed down the passing attack some.

Brock The Pretender so unimpressive today, even with all that talent around him.
McCafferty might of had a bit to do with it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And wait until Prudy breaks the bank this offseason!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For clarity sake: Kyler is one of 5 players in the NFL thus far whose average throw goes past the sticks.

His AYTS (Air Yards to the Sticks : This measures average distance past or behind the sticks all throws are) is .2 yards (averaging .2 yards past the sticks).

The only players in the league higher are: Richardson (3.2), Lawrence (1.8), Purdy (1.7) and Love (.9)

Just want to make sure we’re using appropriate critiques (of which there are many).
Thank you sharing this.

It’s insane what some people track. But I’m glad they do.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you think stats mapping how often a QB throws over 20 yards downfield or where he throws in relation to the first down marker are too obscure then I don’t know what to tell you.

I don’t know why you’re arguing with me. The stats I showed are literally in support of the same conclusion you drew. The sacks of that nature are a result of incompetence versus malice (stat padding). This is not a pro-Kyler post.

But I know the board is frothing at the mouth on anything Kyler related and prefer a black/white view versus shades of gray. I’ll try to add more ‘feels’ and ‘vibes’ to support my claims in the future.
I appreciate your sharing the stats. They definitely provide another data point to consider. My only caution is that they can sometimes be misleading. For instance, is his throwing over the sticks on average inflated by a number of massive overthrows, etc? Admittedly, I am not concerned enough to dive into the methodology used. So I’m still appreciative of them being provided.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I appreciate your sharing the stats. They definitely provide another data point to consider. My only caution is that they can sometimes be misleading. For instance, is his throwing over the sticks on average inflated by a number of massive overthrows, etc? Admittedly, I am not concerned enough to dive into the methodology used. So I’m still appreciative of them being provided.
You’re absolutely correct. And I think the fact that he has one of the highest rates of deep balls in the league (at least through week 4) definitely inflates that. Though I’m sure it’s somewhat normalized against the shots other QBs are taking. Would be cool to see more of a breakdown by situation etc. but I haven’t come across anything that goes that deep.

Edit: and as K9 previously pointed out it’s still a small sample size. Just looked and Kyler’s AYTS dropped from .2 to -.1 after this game. Still 6th in league (Sam Darnold jumped above him).

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Didn't really get to watch the game today ( work ) however, my understanding is that Tom Brady had a lot of praise for K1 throughout the game. Can anyone let me know if this was true or just people I know hyping up Kyler.

*Edit. Just saw that Tom Brady awarded Kyler Murray Tom's LFG ( Let's F***ing Go ) player of the game. That answered my question.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake