Suns @ Jazz 12-6-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Jazz tonight with a 7 p.m. Arizona start time. They have lost their last four regular season visits to Utah although it seems like more. The Suns always seem to play poorly in Utah.

Here are the reported starting lineups per Paul Coro at azcentral:
C: Tyson Chandler … Rudy Gobert

PF: Marquese Chriss …. Boris Diaw

SF: P.J. Tucker … Gordon Hayward

SG: Devin Booker … Rodney Hood

PG: Eric Bledsoe … Dante Exum

Key Jazz reserves: Trey Lyles, Joe Ingles, Shelvin Mack, Joe Johnson, Jeff Withey.

Key Jazz injuries: Derrick Favors (left knee bone bruise), George Hill (left big toe sprain) and Alec Burks (left ankle rehabilitation) were out Monday.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...uns-aim-end-struggle-utah-jazz-pace/95053644/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jazz are so well coached especially in regard to passing the ball for the good shot. Their defense is is good as well. It always seems like the Jazz play their best against the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what is going on with Devin Booker. He doesn't seem to be involved in the game as much as I would like. I'm starting to think it's a team chemistry thing involving lineup combinations. The Suns need to figure out what works. I think he plays best when the team looks to him for scoring.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker has played especially well at the end of the 2nd quarter and to open the third quarter. It's almost like somebody said something. He was not aggressive early in the game.

Booker has 19 points with 6:15 in the 3rd quarter.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
OMG BRANDON KNIGHT WTF!!!

we come back from 23 and tie it, then on the next two posessions Knight dribbles around in circles trying to be a hero and turns it over once, and takes a terrible shot the next time. Just like that we're down 4 again.

Trrrraaaaaaddddeeeeee please

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns come all the way back from down 23 and back to back horrible plays by knight that's game

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game was lost in the first half when the Suns trailed 65-45 at halftime. IMO, the Suns started too late. Too many things have to go right down the stretch to win. It was still a good game to watch.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is it possible that the Suns are keeping Brandon Knight in order to purposely lose games (tank) till they find that Anthony Davis/Ben Simmons/Karl Anthony Towns type player in the draft?

Knight is arguably the best in the league at killing momentum and losing games. I would've loved to have a player like him during those 2010-2012 teams when we were stuck in mediocrity. He could've helped us get the #1 pick and maybe we would have been the ones with Anthony Davis or John Wall or Andrew Wiggins or whoever it is.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it possible that the Suns are keeping Brandon Knight in order to purposely lose games (tank) till they find that Anthony Davis/Ben Simmons/Karl Anthony Towns type player in the draft?

Knight is arguably the best in the league at killing momentum and losing games. I would've loved to have a player like him during those 2010-2012 teams when we were stuck in mediocrity. He could've helped us get the #1 pick and maybe we would have been the ones with Anthony Davis or John Wall or Andrew Wiggins or whoever it is.

For all the bitching about Knight, he's single handedly driving us towards a top 3 pick and if it's deliberate management strategy then fair play. I don't think that's how it works though - Watson's accountable to McD, who's accountable to Sarver, who has a brand to build or maintain...and the Suns brand continues to get dragged through the mud.

But you never know I guess.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I see Bender played some min. How did he look?

Bender is a young pup. He made 1-5 shot attempts hitting a 3 point shot for three points. Also he had 3 rebounds. He is not going to impress until he gets stronger. The plus for Bender going forward is he received 28 minutes playing time.

An interesting note is the starting unit had a negative +/-. The entire bench had a positive +/-. Brandon Knight had a +12.