Suns @ Kings Game Thread (ESPN)

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns (62-19) @ Sacramento Kings (49-33)

When: Wednesday 20th April
Time: 7:30 p.m. PT
TV: ESPN

Season Series: Kings 1, Suns 2
Suns 111 Kings 113
Kings 123 Suns 125
Suns 116 Kings 98

Previous Games:
Nuggets 114 @ Suns 128
Kings 82 @ Jazz 92

Last 10 Games:
Suns 8-2 (won 5)
Kings 6-4 (lost 2)​

Probable Starters:

You must be registered for see images
Steve Nash/Mike Bibby​
Joe Johnson/Cuttino Mobley​
Quentin Richardson/Corliss Williamson​
Shawn Marion/Kenny Thomas​
Amare Stoudemire/Brian Skinner​

Injury Report

Suns

None to report

Kings

Peja Stojakovic -day to day
Brad Miller -out til playoffs

Bobby Jackson -doubtful

Key's to the game

Suns
  • Get Amare the ball, and allow him to attacking Skinner and the Kings weak frontline.
  • Control and maintain the glass, and try to get second shot opportunities
    [*]Allow Steve Nash to get in a rhythm early and control the tempo of the game at all times.
    [*]
  • Use the transitional game to the Suns advantage and try and out-run the Kings who with their recent injures don't have much from their bench
  • Get the bench some good minutes. With the playoffs ahead the last thing the team needs is for any of the main starters to get hurt. Give guys like Barbosa, Jimmy jax and Walta more court time. With the 1st seed already clinched you might as well see what the rest of the team can do.
Kings
  • Try and get off to a fast start and make the Suns try and guard you.
  • Rebound the ball and get as many 2nd chances as possible. There will be rebounds available when facing the Suns so guys like Skinner, Thomas and Williamson must crash the glass
  • Get good production from the backcourt, try and out-do what the Suns do with Nash and JJ. Although with this being the last game of the season for both teams and nothing to play for but pride, It's questionable how much each team's starters will play
  • Last of all try and put on a good performance for your home fans. The Kings last home game of the regular season, the fans will be looking for a win as the Kings try and get their 50th win. If they do so It will be their 5th straight season of having 50 wins or more.
Final Thoughts and prediction

The Suns clinched homecourt throughout the playoffs on monday night defeating the Denver Nuggets 128-114. In what was a fast pace game as always where the Suns had 44 after the first quarter and 75 at halftime. The Suns really put on a show for their home fans in the final regular season game of the season. The win gave the Suns their 62nd win of the year and in this game the Suns will go for a record amount of wins for a Suns team.

The Kings on the other hand even with a loss to the lottery bound Utah Jazz clinched the 6th seed heading into the playoffs. The Kings have as they always seem to do, have hobbed through into the playoffs with 3 key players missing. Brad Miller, Bobby Jackson and Peja who is out and may not even be ready for their playoff opener Vs the Sonics at the key arena.

This game will be all about pride for both teams with nothing on the line and both positions in the standings locked up. Even with that fact expect both teams to play hard and to go after each other. Every team likes to end to the season heading into the playoffs on a positive note and the last thing the Kings will want is to head into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak. The Suns who are carrying a 5 game win streak will look to build even more confidence by heading into the first round series with Memphis on a 6 game high.

Even though this game is meaningless in terms of overall standings I still expect the Suns to come out strong, run and gun style as always and pick up the win. The Kings roster is still too depleted. The two teams met a few days ago where the Suns wiped the Kings off the floor in winning by 18 points and of which could of been a whole alot more

Enjoy the game

Last edited:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Thank you Amare32. Amare32 will be doing pre-game analysis for the playoffs series.

Thank you,
Dave
:thumbup: :suns:

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
This is basically what the previews will look like. I had hoped to get more pictures on here but this will do. When the playoffs start I will be posting more in depth points in my previews. Mainly comparing the starting 5 position.

jibikao

Reaction score
I think Kings is locked at #6 right? This game means nothing to them then. They already lost Peja for the regular season and I am sure they don't want to lose another player.

I know we've already got the #1 spot but I am sure those young guys want to break the franchise record tonight and D'Antoni would love to see that happen. So I want a big W tonight!!!

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
I'm expecting Bibby to get plenty of rest. No reason to play him much when they already have some injury problems

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like I hoped and thought - Nash doesn't even play tonight. Nice work DA - get him as fresh as humanly possible.

Nice 3 by Amare. Seems like kind of a helter skelter game so far - play the starters for the first half and then get their asses on the bench.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said Nash has a hammie problem?

I hope Barbosa will be okay.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
They said Nash has a hammie problem?

I hope Barbosa will be okay.

I think they're just holding Nash out because - well - he's our Shaq - whatever little aches and pains he has DOES NOT need to be exacerbated in any way, shape or form - especially for some meaningless game. The games that mean something start Sunday and that crash Barbosa took to the floor is all I need to see to believe that Amare and Shawn shouldn't see the light of day again tonight.

Hell - I'm not even gonna watch the rest of this game.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Well at least nobody was injured.

Sloppy game by the Suns. Too many turnovers and too many missed baskets without getting back on defense.

Kings couldn't miss in the second half it seems like.

63 would have been nice but 62 works.

What a great season. Good luck in the playoffs Suns!

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Weird game and as expected guys got limited minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: