Suns @ Kings Game Thread

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I kind of had a hunch that this would be a letdown game, but not like this. Yeesh.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I think I just projectile vomited, I mean teams have off games but nothing..NOTHING like this.

Our defense was horrid, our rebounding was asinine, our shooting was abysmal! Hopefully there is nothing even close to as bad as this happening again this season but it definately makes me worry.

Once teams see we aren't shooting well they have their way with us, after seeing this game I realise we desperately need Amare back because without him if we have a bad shooting game in the playoffs we are done.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think I just projectile vomited

How can you not be sure whether you just projectile vomited? It doesn't seem like there should be a lot of room for doubt... :lol:

jibikao

Reaction score
Well... what a bad game. lol Kings shot 50% and we shot 37%. Kings had 33pt lead at one point? What were we doing?

Were we too high that we just won big games?

Oh well, I guess **** happens. I just didn't expect that big a blow out.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol

Suns didnt even seem to have played any form of defense. And the shooting.. wow. 37%, just one of those games where the team was on their heels and never had the drive to win...

Getting blown out by 29 points, you know something wentwrong, especially against the injury ridden Kings... but it happens to every team once and a while, it just happens to be against the Kings. The Suns are pretty much owned by the Kings the last few seasons.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I wonder if there is some sub-conscious reason I forgot about this game... my first miss of the season. It's probably healthier not to have watched from all the comments. The one regret I have is that I missed a chance to see what Sharrod looked like... nobody mentioned him so I guess he wasn't outstandingly bad. Oh, yeah, it's also always fun to see Burke on the floor.

Dang, every struggling team we run into suddenly starts playing like contenders. Is it them is it us? Do we really need two games out of three to be wake up calls - though, clearly this last call didn't wake us up during the game.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Trust me you do NOT want to see this game it was uglier then a sick pug dog that got dropped into a toxic swamp.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I think I just projectile vomited

How can you not be sure whether you just projectile vomited? It doesn't seem like there should be a lot of room for doubt... :lol:

LOL :)

fordronken

Reaction score
The defense was atrocious. But to be honest, our offense didn't look that bad until we missed the shot. They were, for the most part, good looks.

But to be fair, it was hard to tell what happened in the second half with dinner forks sticking out of both of my eyes.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
The Suns played so bad in the second quarter that I turned the game off and went to bed two hours early. Turns out I'm glad I did - I couldn't have dealt with another hour of that. :)

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
scoutmasterdave said:
The Suns played so bad in the second quarter that I turned the game off and went to bed two hours early. Turns out I'm glad I did - I couldn't have dealt with another hour of that. :)
just delete it from tivo and pretend as though it never happened.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Errntknght said:
I wonder if there is some sub-conscious reason I forgot about this game... my first miss of the season. It's probably healthier not to have watched from all the comments. The one regret I have is that I missed a chance to see what Sharrod looked like... nobody mentioned him so I guess he wasn't outstandingly bad. Oh, yeah, it's also always fun to see Burke on the floor.

Dang, every struggling team we run into suddenly starts playing like contenders. Is it them is it us? Do we really need two games out of three to be wake up calls - though, clearly this last call didn't wake us up during the game.

Sharrod Ford is gone.

We did get a look at Josh Davis who showed absolutely nothing.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My Brother and a couple of friends were there to watch the beating live. I'm so glad I did not make that game, they drove 6 hours to watch the Kings smash the Suns. They were pretty bummed

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Since Colangelo was in town recruiting Brad Miller for the Olympic team, I think that provided some extra motivation to the Kings and especilly Mike Bibby. He might have felt ---- slighted.;)

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Sharrod Ford is gone.

We did get a look at Josh Davis who showed absolutely nothing.

He looked alot better then the stiff I thought he would be, He looked like a decent athelete, and may be a good rebounder if he uses proper technique.
his first foul shot looked smooth, the 2nd looked like he was scared.

jibikao

Reaction score
Blame me for saying this...but I felt we "tanked" this game for Clipper's game.

I think it's the combination of Kings playing very well and we didn't want to spend too much energy with them. We probably went to the game with the mentality that we only want to use 60% of our effort to win the game and if we can't win it, let it go. lol Obviously 60% wasn't enough.

This is a good way to forget about an ULGY loss, isn't it? lol That's how I view the game. I mean I guess we could try to fight very hard to get back into the game but if we spent too much energy, we may get tired the next day. Beating Clippers is like 100% more important because they are the biggest threat to our Pacific #1. :D And we lost to them once and we can't lose to them again in case of tie breaker.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
How many times has a team come out flat because they were looking ahead to the Clippers? I bet you can count them on one hand. :D

IMO Raja Bell was the only Sun who came out ready to play. KT was the worst offender as far as exuding negative energy, but Marion was the most surprising, because he's usually so consistent.

At least there won't be any argument now over which game was the Suns' worst of the season...

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the hardest things to do is to keep the team energy up when the other team hits lots of long jump shots. At some point, it is always necessary to let guys take long jumpers rather than press and risk layups. If they hit keep hitting their shots, the game can get ugly because the natural tendency is to try to match the long range shooting.

The other problem the Suns had was that the Kings played agressive defensive and the Suns players did not respond well. The best response to pressure defense is to pass and move without the ball. How many time did the Suns get killed in the old Frank Johnson days when teams would simply pass quicker than the Suns could scramble. It seemed like they learned their lesson and did a much better job moving the ball against the LA teams.

Was the Suns defense vastly better against the LA teams. Yes, but the LA teams missed shots the Kings were hitting. More importantly, the Suns were hitting their shots and thus not giving up a lot of long rebounds that triggered fast breaks. (Just a great defense helps the offense, great offense helps the defense.)