Suns @ Lakers, 11/14/2010

keric

Reaction score
Not the greatest start and not the greatest Suns team, but wins AT Utah, AT Atlanta and AT LA Lakers....pretty impressive if you ask me.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Suns got away with one. Nash was out of bounds on that pass

True but the Lakers got away with one when Brown complained (more than Odom did which got a T) on a shot and didn't get T'ed up so it somewhat evens out.

22 3s in a game - Holy Crap

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very impressive win and a great shooting performance. This game should not have even been close the way the Suns shot the ball, but Phoenix again were killed on the boards 49-32 giving up 20 offensive boards and a bunch of second chance points. I thought at the end of third that the Suns would pretty much have to break the NBA 3-point record to win this one and they almost did.

Not to take anything away from the victory, but we won't shoot like this every night, so the rebounding must improve. But Gasol looked bigger out there than everyone else on the floor and used his size very effectively like always, finishing with 9 offensive rebounds and 17 all. Losing Lopez did not help in that regard.

Richardson with a monster game through first three quarters. Frye with his best game in a long time. Nash again with a big game. Turkoglu seems more comfortable and played well, hitting a big 3 late in the game on a bad offensive possession by the Suns.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from the victory, but we won't shoot like this every night, so the rebounding must improve. But Gasol looked bigger out there than everyone else on the floor and used his size very effectively like always, finishing with 9 offensive rebounds and 17 all. Losing Lopez did not help in that regard.

Um, that's because he WAS.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I meant. As much as the Suns can talk about improving rebounding, they don't really have the size to do it other than Lopez who hasn't done much this season. And now he's injured.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Nash in the form of the last 2-3 games would have won us the championship last year! This year, the Suns are a totally European style of team: It has no power or inside game but if the running game and perimeter shooting get going, they could beat any team, just not in a 7-game series.

Gentry figured out a way to save Nash's legs late last season. It's too late for last season, but it could have worked this season had they kept Amare. Nothing seems to fit timely for this franchise. Bad luck for Suns fans.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score

There was a camera shot with Gasol standing next to Frye. He's is listed as being an inch taller, but it looked much more like three and that does not include his very long arms.

The TV guys also pointed out that he doesn't pull the ball down to "set himself" like most bigs.

Realisticly, Gasol is a lot better than in 2004-05. He is a lot stronger and more skilled. We get frustrated that Lopez is taking a while but Gasol shows what happens when a guy has the drive to go with the size develops. Lets hope Lopez stays with it. (Chandler is another guy who took a long time to get good).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great win by the Suns but how often are the Suns going to hit 22 out 40 three point shots. This clearly compensated for the Lakers 17 edge in rebounding. Unless the Suns get some beef they need to embrace the way they played the year Tim Thomas was here. Some have described it as European basketball. I agree with others who said the Suns just don't have the size to rebound well. No use beating a dead horse on this issue by criticizing the players as long as they are putting out the effort. It is a personnel matter for the FO to correct.

TON80

Reaction score
Nice win. Great late block by Frye and the 3's shot the lights out! Too bad they couldn't squeeze in 1 or 2 more.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nice win, especially when it's against the Lakers. It would be nice to see Richardson and Frye consistently hit the three. Let's hope Lopez's injury isn't serious.

Frye I can understand as hes in a slump but richardson is hitting 47% of his threes. You must have set your bar pretty craig hodges high for him this year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We beat the defending champs in their house. Enjoy it for chrissakes people. It's not going to last, so why worry about rebounding right now?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If anybody's curious, this is from Coro's writeup:

Jared Dudley was called for an offensive foul on a baseline drive and lost his balance, falling into Lopez's left knee and spraining it. Lopez will have an MRI exam.

"It's a little stiff but I think it's going to be OK," Lopez said. I got a positive checkup on it in the locker room. It was painful, but I'm able to walk it."

jibikao

Reaction score
Holy ****?!! Suns won? Oh my god. I thought for sure it's going to be a loss... at Laker's home court?

22 3pt made..at over 50%??? Is this some kind of record? Looks like even Hedo was hot. Man, Richardson has been playing so well. Was Amare holding him back last year when he was like 3rd option behind Nash?

Well, we win by 3pts, die by 3pt. It will be the story of this team. It just feels great to win at Laker's home court!

(New York lost again..hehe)

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Holy ****?!! Suns won? Oh my god. I thought for sure it's going to be a loss... at Laker's home court?

22 3pt made..at over 50%??? Is this some kind of record? Looks like even Hedo was hot. Man, Richardson has been playing so well. Was Amare holding him back last year when he was like 3rd option behind Nash?

Well, we win by 3pts, die by 3pt. It will be the story of this team. It just feels great to win at Laker's home court!

(New York lost again..hehe)

Amare sounded angry in this morning's paper. He said he was used to winning. Well now that you have the money, you better get used to losing.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare sounded angry in this morning's paper. He said he was used to winning. Well now that you have the money, you better get used to losing.
I caught some of the Rockets Knicks game yesterday. What a snoozefest.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robin is going to be out 1-2 weeks.

Too bad but Lopez has been nearly a non-factor this season. I have a feeling the Suns better get used to it. I understand the Suns are now looking for a veteran big man. Although Siler is not NBA ready, I think the Suns will need to give him spot duty against bigger teams.