Suns @ Lakers Friday game thread, October 25th, 2024

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s still early and the Suns are in a new system with bunch of new players. I am not sure you can fix stupid but it’s not time to panic just yet.

Having said that? If the Suns play like this by the midpoint? Like you said blow it up. Put the fans out of their misery. Besides, if the Suns blow it up Beal will waive his no trade clause. He won’t want to be here.

You can probably get a ton of assets for those 3 guys.
Yeah… mid season sounds about right.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of my all time misses. The numbers will be impressive but he’ll never be a leader and I don’t think his “vibe” has been the best thing for Booker.

What worse is how he responds to having his leadership questioned. He went out of his way to fight with Stephen A Smith on Twitter the last 2 days, getting his coach and teammates involved also. All because SAS questioned his leadership, justifiably so. This isn't the first time it's happened and SAS isn't the only one who has done it.

People did the same with Booker for years and Booker never took to social media about it. He did his best to respond on the court and make the Suns a winner.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of my all time misses. The numbers will be impressive but he’ll never be a leader and I don’t think his “vibe” has been the best thing for Booker.
Completely agree with above. Once KD joined the team, Booker seemed to loose that edge he played with. Now it’s go with the flow with the laid back Durant.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't think Book is Elite? Prior to Durant and with Paul he was
I think what he means by elite is being good enough to be a Tier 1/#1 player on your team. If that is the case Book has never been that player. He is a dynamic scorer but not a #1 on a title team. The Suns knew it too. It’s why they brought in Chris Paul (to lead the team) and tried to add a GOAT in Durant.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns were 15-17 from the free throw line, while the Lakers were 29-39.

That's 22 more free throw attempts for the Lakers.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't think Book is Elite? Prior to Durant and with Paul he was

I think Book is elite. I don't believe there's a better "star" that adapts to those around him. I believe his issue is being a natural leader. He falls in line too often, even when he shouldn't. He's an exceptional score who needs to be assertive. He needs to make it clear this is his team. If he can do that, sky's the limit. I feel he goes along to get along too often. It worked with CP3 because no one could question CP3's leadership, commitment to winning as a team, or drive for excellence.

I think it's kind of odd how Paul didn't say much of anything since leaving the Suns. Maybe there were more issues behind the scenes than we knew. We fell apart against the Nuggets and got lucky against the Clippers. I'd like to hear more of what happened there. I don't believe Monty deserves all the blame he gets. Coaching isn't everything. Everyone thought Malone might be fired before the Nuggets got it together, for example. Would it have been justified? Who knows. Do they still win a title though if they did that after "Suns in 4" or the next season when they fell short? Again, questionable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns were 15-17 from the free throw line, while the Lakers were 29-39.

That's 22 more free throw attempts for the Lakers.
That’s not surprising on either end with their lack of size. The Suns are a jump shooting team and when they guard teams with any size? This is going to happen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not surprising on either end with their lack of size. The Suns are a jump shooting team and when they guard teams with any size? This is going to happen.

The Suns can't ignore the elephant in the room, lack of size.

Hopefully they can fix the turnover problem.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Yeah. I think by midseason I blow up the entire thing and sell high on both Book and KD.

I'm sympathetic to the idea, but no one is giving up much value for Durant, so it's really only Booker, and I don't think he brings back multiple lottery picks, which is what the Suns need.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably going to have to ignore it until the trade deadline.

Yeah, there are no easy fixes and a trade would likely require the Suns available future first round pick.

IMO, Bud went too long with Nurkic which started the landslide.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do you agree that giving Durant a two-year extension would be a very bad idea?

I'm relieved the Suns didn't give Durant a one-year extension. However, I fear we are passengers on a runaway train.

The best hope is that Bud may figure out a way to steer it.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm relieved the Suns didn't give Durant a one-year extension. However, I fear we are passengers on a runaway train.

The best hope is that Bud may figure out a way to steer it.
Probably by not having Durant steer it. We went out and got point guards. Now let's use them!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably by not having Durant steer it. We went out and got point guards. Now let's use them!

That's up to Bud to demand this from the team or fix the cause.

I seriously doubt his job will be in jeopardy after the Suns moved on from Frank Vogel so quickly.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They have talent, which is undeniable, but I think even a Laker fan can admit they're a circus. Is that coaching or management issue, I'm not sure. I can't single out the leading cause of it but the media adoration doesn't help, within or outside of the organization. They are a mess, they can overcome the sideshow and put it together occasionally though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan