Suns @ Lakers - Game Thread - Sunday April 29, 2007 - 12:30 PM

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Boris Diaw freaking sucks, has he done any good?

I can't believe someone said that guy has the highest vertical among Suns players, SOFT SOFT SOFT. Shawn Marion is a bad bad boy compared to him.

Marion, Diaw and our pick(s) for KG, sign me up regardless of wether we win it all or not.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
shawn marion is actually looking really good. maybe we can run a play for him now? :p

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Boris Diaw freaking sucks, has he done any good?

I can't believe someone said that guy has the highest vertical among Suns players, SOFT SOFT SOFT. Shawn Marion is a bad bad boy compared to him.
Couldn't agree more... Diaw sucks bad. I think even Jr. is better than him right now.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I am so pissed at Diaw, Jalen Rose couldn't do worse. He is hurting us more than he helps. Huge liability on offense with his soft play and no confidence, and on defense he isn't exactly helping either.

Kurt Thomas can at least make the midrange J and defend.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
And the dish to Bell for the 3. Diaw is playing well in this 4th!

He's really playing well when it counts at the moment. Nice dish to Shawn

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
hes doing it right this game, exploiting mismatches to take it to the hoop and it seems hes passing out only when he has nothing going down on the block

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here's the truth--if Boris would take the shots he usually passes up, there wouldn't be a problem. AKA, his ENTIRE problem is that he doesn't shoot--he's always looking to pass. While that is a good strategy to a point, if he is more aggressive, he'll be a much bigger threat, and honestly, that has NOTHING to do with Amare Stoudemire being back in the lineup.

Just take the shot, Boris!

Funny how Boris' IQ is so high and yet he's passive, and Marion's is so low and he shoots those godawful three-pointers. I wish they'd switch. :D

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh, where are you? :D
at home. Alone...always alone... :( (well, adult company alone. Have the kids, but they won't ever watch sports. Football season is REALLY going to suck).

/throwing self a pity party today.

edit: Oh, and this game RULES!

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
drive to the hoop for a reverse and then he hits a jumper again. diaw is starting to get a little something back.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maybe someone told Boris what I wrote because he's actually taking shots now... ;)

And everyone that says he sucks: You guys know better than that. It's not that he sucks, it's that he seems to be CONSCIOUSLY taking a backseat--he'd be just fine and probably a better than average player if he consistently took those open shots he keeps getting.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Put Diaw in the gym every day of the offseason and make him shoot 300 set shots, 300 jumpers of the dribble, 300 freethrows and 300 DUNKS (not weak layups for a supposedly great athlete at 6'9)

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Put Diaw in the gym every day of the offseason and make him shoot 300 set shots, 300 jumpers of the dribble, 300 freethrows and 300 DUNKS (not weak layups for a supposedly great athlete at 6'9)

maybe even 500. he has to get that dominance back

another thing to think about: maybe boris had such a great post season and season last year because he wasnt usually gameplanned for. therefore when he got the ball, most didnt know how to guard him. now that they have seen what he can do, they know how to guard him the right way

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Wow! What a game by Steve and Amare!

I just looked it up: Previous Suns playoff-record for assists in a game:

Assists
19 Kevin Johnson vs. San Antonio 4/26/92

Congratulations, Mr. MVP!!! :raccoon:

And if Amare grabs one more defensive rebound, he will join the record sheets as well:

Defensive Rebounds
17 Charles Barkley several times; last vs. Hou. 5/20/95
17 Tom Chambers twice
17 Alvan Adams twice

Looking good. Up by 12 with 3 minutes to go.

Go Suns!!!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Diaw doesn't suck because he doesn't have the ability. He sucks because he tends to be so passive and soft. Drives everyone nuts by passing up wide open shots and layups.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
C'mon guys give Steve at least one more assist to tie the record if not break it...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That game was awesome. I really want us to take the next one--no need to make it a 6 game-er.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
great game by the suns nash was just amazing 23 assists wow to bad he couldnt have gotten 24 but oh well we won and thats all that matters :) and also great games by amare and marion COME ON DIAW WAKE THE HELL UP LETS GO SUNS

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder what Nash and Kobe were bitchin' about at the end.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05