Suns @ Nuggets Sunday game thread, October 13th, 2024: Preseason

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
International players are more selfless. Ginobili could’ve been a bigger star if he played somewhere else. Speaking of the Spurs they really had two #1 picks that turned into superstars and were completely drama free in Robinson/Duncan. That’s just crazy/unfair luck.

That was also the decision of a coach who’d built a culture and already won a title as well.

A Pop or a Jackson (in his prime) or a Riley type could probably convince a Beal type player to be a 6th man, but I don’t think Bud has that cache as a first year coach, regardless of the one title he won somewhere else.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna say something COMPLETELY wild… like, Cheese is beyond dreaming and this is likely the most optimistic question/projection for anything Suns related ever:

Is Dunn’s ceiling somewhere around a healthy Kawhi?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m gonna say something COMPLETELY wild… like, Cheese is beyond dreaming and this is likely the most optimistic question/projection for anything Suns related ever:

You mean a healthy Kawhi in 2024? Peak Kawhi is a top-5 forward all time…

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Don’t think he has kahwi’s handles.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The points that Dunn produces from his defense have to be considered. Beal does not create that. It's probably a mistake to start a rookie immediately out of training camp, but the Suns will have to consider it over the next few months. They will get to see how different lineups work together.
He should earn the minutes. However, there's a need for what he brings. We have time to develop him. IF he stays on this trajectory, and can really play defense on the best opposing player, someone is going to the bench.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I was thinking Pacer Artest minus the crazy is his ceiling. I think Dunn is more physical defensively than Kawhi, who was more a master of position. Offensively I think he compares better to a modern Artest. He doesn't have the handles to carry an offense but he can be a 3rd or 2nd option.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22