Suns @ Pistons Tuesday game thread, October 8th, 2024: Preseason

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By this reasoning, every time anyone says a player looked great in a preseason game, someone else can immediately dismiss it with "small sample size, small sample size." Why say anything at all about preseason performances?
Yes they can and they should. Sample size matters. Anybody that has watched the NBA knows guys can put on good performances for a few games but they statistically always level out to their actual skill level. You can admire a preseason performance but that doesn't mean anything unless a player can consistently perform at that level.

As much as I thought Nurk was terrible at team defense and protecting the paint? It's always easier for your rotation if you have a guy you can depend on verses trying to platoon a single position. That rarely works in a teams favor because you don't know which player you can depend on on which night. If you are going to move Nurk it needs to be for another starting FC player.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by Oso and Dunn, but my expectations were low. No idea how they go from here, but I'm optimistic that they can earn some minutes quite early in the season actually.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by Oso and Dunn, but my expectations were low. No idea how they go from here, but I'm optimistic that they can earn some minutes quite early in the season actually.

It's nice to have some young players on the Suns that provide depth and hope for the future.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
He does? I know he had a good game, but it was the first preseason game. Not enough there yet to proclaim him a future starter.

Wemby had a terrible first game last season and people were calling him a bust. They aren't calling that now.
I mean, I clearly called it an overreaction!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess my real take is that we're already seeing the upper bound on what Bol can be (7th or 8th man on a good team) whereas Oso has the opportunity to be a starter in the future.
A) I don’t think we’ve seen bol’s ceiling
B) oso likely only starts for a really dreadful team. Not a rim protector and not a big rebounder. We are in trouble if he’s our starting center imo. At any juncture of his career. Happy to be proven wrong.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like this early overreaction stuff. It could be fun to follow.

Let's see how it plays out after only one preseason game.

I'm liking Collin Gillespie and Oso Ighodaro as rookies ahead of the other rookies. Maybe Oso over Bol Bol as well because the Suns could use a third center. Of course, Oso will get minutes because of his guaranteed contract.
pretty sure Gillespie is not a NBA rookie or is he based on games played?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake