suns plan to waive carter

asudevil83

Reaction score
Vince Carter isn't a free agent yet, but sources close to the situation say the eight-time All-Star will be thrust onto the open market shortly after the end of the lockout.

Based on an amendment in his contract obtained by ESPN.com, Carter must be waived by the Phoenix Suns within 72 hours of the official start of free agency or his $18 million salary for the 2011-12 season becomes fully guaranteed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7316232/phoenix-suns-cut-vince-carter-lockout-ends

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was very much expected.

Does "within 72 hours" mean up to 72 hours after the start of free agency? If so, then the Suns indeed do still have some time to explore trade possibilities, however I think it's safe to say that they will opt to pocket the $14M savings themselves and just waive him.

jibikao

Reaction score
Good about time. I've never liked Carter and I am biased. :p He does not help this team at all.

OP
OP
asudevil83

asudevil83

Reaction score
In other breaking news, basketballs are round and Phoenix is often hot in the summer.

the ONLY reason this is news is because the suns COULD have used him as trade bait. But since their was likely no offers that didnt jeopardize their 2012 cap space they did the smart thing

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake