Suns players and Team USA Basketball in the Olympics

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad France couldn't make free throws and not hitting their 3-point shots well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad France couldn't make free throws and not hitting their 3-point shots well.

They also got 6 points on completely phantom fouls. The missed 3 where they called a foul on Bam, and then the big guy drives and gets ripped clean the ball actually went out off of him and they called a foul. He made 1 missed 1 they got the rebound and scored 2 points.

France played great but there was a point there where it seemed REALLY apparent the refs were intimidated by the crowd.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THat last 3 by Steph going right over 2 defenders, that's a shot that even future NBA Hofers couldn't believe. The reaction when he made that was like shock. The thing is it's not even the first time I've seen him make that, but in the moment in a gold medal game in France with all the momentum for France and his bad turnover just before it, unreal shot.

I doubt it will happen but if Steph is ever going to retire, now would be the time. He's accomplished everything you could ever want to accomplish. But my guess is he would feel like he lets his team down if he did that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A look at some stats from Devin Booker and Kevin Durant.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THat last 3 by Steph going right over 2 defenders, that's a shot that even future NBA Hofers couldn't believe. The reaction when he made that was like shock. The thing is it's not even the first time I've seen him make that, but in the moment in a gold medal game in France with all the momentum for France and his bad turnover just before it, unreal shot.

I doubt it will happen but if Steph is ever going to retire, now would be the time. He's accomplished everything you could ever want to accomplish. But my guess is he would feel like he lets his team down if he did that.

Stephen Curry is one of the all-time great players.

If there is a tough shot to be made, he is the one I want shooting it. He thrives off of it. It's uncanny.

I don't think Steph is ready to retire, much like Lebron. They still have a lot left in the tank.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is Kevin Durant's fourth gold medal in the Olympics in basketball.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

France played hard throughout and rode Wemby a lot. Credit Antnony Davis for his big time effort on defense and Lebron as well. I thought the whole team defended very well including booker. France were a little lucky to stay in the game because the refs were inconsistent and the USA players struggled with turnovers. some of the turnovers were from guys that didn't want to shoot the ball in key moments. curry solved that problem in the end.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
France played hard throughout and rode Wemby a lot. Credit Antnony Davis for his big time effort on defense and Lebron as well. I thought the whole team defended very well including booker. France were a little lucky to stay in the game because the refs were inconsistent and the USA players struggled with turnovers. some of the turnovers were from guys that didn't want to shoot the ball in key moments. curry solved that problem in the end.

It was one of the better Olympic Finals I have seen in basketball. Kudos to both teams.

I wonder if Embiid's taunting the crowd took something away from his game in the finale.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a replay of Stephen Curry's dagger over two defenders.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It was one of the better Olympic Finals I have seen in basketball. Kudos to both teams.

I wonder if Embiid's taunting the crowd took something away from his game in the finale.
to be fair they taunted him throughout so he deserves to have the last word there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph was so ridiculous that France was doubling off Kevin freaking Durant.

It's probably better to leave Curry open that force him to make a tough shot. He practices those circus shots.