Suns players and Team USA Basketball in the Olympics

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Team USA will be the number 1 seed in the elimination round.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr expects Team USA to face Brazil in the quarterfinals that begin on Tuesday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Steve Kerr expects Team USA to face Brazil in the quarterfinals that begin on Tuesday.

If there was going to be an upset against us, it's a team that can get offensive rebounds and shoot the threes!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was going to be an upset against us, it's a team that can get offensive rebounds and shoot the threes!

I don't even want to entertain the thought.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
First of all, no NBA team ought to have more than one player in the starting lineup. Second, Curry must start. Third, Booker deserves in the starting lineup.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet
@GeraldBourguet
·
52m
Devin Booker on Kevin Durant passing Lisa Leslie on Team USA Basketball's all-time Olympic scoring list: "That's Captain America status...now we have to get him his 4th gold."

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet
@GeraldBourguet
·
59m
Final: USA 122, Brazil 87
Booker: 18 Pts, 3 Ast, 6-9 FG, 5-7 3P, +12
Durant: 11 Pts, 4 Reb, 4-6 3P, +17
Edwards: 17 Pts, 5 Reb, 6-10 FG

Team USA advances to face Serbia in the Olympic semifinals on Thursday at 3 PM ET/12 PM PT

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serbia got down early but rallied to send it to OT

Winner faces the France/Germany winner

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Team USA plays Serbia on Thursday.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson
·
2m
Through 4 Olympic contests

Devin Booker: 17-for-30 (56.7%), 10-of-16 (62.5%) on 3s, 16 assists, 3 turnovers

Kevin Durant: 18-for-30 (60%), 10-of-16 (62.5%) on 3s, 9 assists, 4 turnovers

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson
·
2m
Through 4 Olympic contests

Devin Booker: 17-for-30 (56.7%), 10-of-16 (62.5%) on 3s, 16 assists, 3 turnovers

Kevin Durant: 18-for-30 (60%), 10-of-16 (62.5%) on 3s, 9 assists, 4 turnovers

These are amazing stats by Devin Booker and Kevin Durant through 4 Olympic Games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this Nike commercial on Kevin Durant breaking Team USA’s all-time scoring record.

Go Team USA.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We are seeing superstar KD and Book right now in the Olympics, playing as well as they've played in their careers. We'll have to see how it carries over into the regular season. KD is KD, but I didn't think it was possible, but I am even more impressed with Book, who has been VERY impressive on Team USA. IMO the best all-around player on the entire team this summer. There may be some homerism there, but the stats don't lie. He's a silent assassin that nobody is prepared for, and has been for the entire summer.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are seeing superstar KD and Book right now in the Olympics, playing as well as they've played in their careers. We'll have to see how it carries over into the regular season. KD is KD, but I didn't think it was possible, but I am even more impressed with Book, who has been VERY impressive on Team USA. IMO the best all-around player on the entire team this summer. There may be some homerism there, but the stats don't lie. He's a silent assassin that nobody is prepared for, and has been for the entire summer.

Have you watched Booker on Team USA before? He commits to being the ultimate role player there and it's respectable how he puts his ego aside. He really takes his game to another level there because he's so focused on doing the small things that scoring like he does just comes naturally. Glad hes earning praise across the country from BB fans though.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Have you watched Booker on Team USA before? He commits to being the ultimate role player there and it's respectable how he puts his ego aside. He really takes his game to another level there because he's so focused on doing the small things that scoring like he does just comes naturally. Glad hes earning praise across the country from BB fans though.
If Book could consistently lead by example doing the small things, particularly keeping focus offball defense situations, it'd give us high hope for next season.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Book could consistently lead by example doing the small things, particularly keeping focus offball defense situations, it'd give us high hope for next season.
Unfortunately my hope for the upcoming NBA season is unchanged regardless of the performance by Book and Durant at the Olympic Games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my hope for the upcoming NBA season is unchanged regardless of the performance by Book and Durant at the Olympic Games.

The Suns decided to bring in four quarterbacks (point guards) and a new head coach, so I'm going to see what happens.

On paper, they are a much better team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky