Suns Predictions Game- Wednesday 28th December

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wizards 115, Suns 104, Marion

Sweet, I got the Suns' score and top scorer right. Too bad I whiffed on the game winner, but hey, that's only five points.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Wizards 115, Suns 104, Marion

Sweet, I got the Suns' score and top scorer right. Too bad I whiffed on the game winner, but hey, that's only five points.

I think this is why the system is flawed. I was only one point off from getting a perfect score, yet you didn't even have the right team winning. Somehow we both end up getting 10 points. Just doesn't seem right to me :( .

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
I know. Just venting some frustration on being one point off. Why couldn't we have missed one of them free throws? :hulk:

uhoh, never wish for your team to do worse than it did. ALWAYS bad karma. gil arenas is on my fantasy team, and every time he chucked up another brick i was cheering loudest :)

OP
OP
O

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
I think this is why the system is flawed. I was only one point off from getting a perfect score, yet you didn't even have the right team winning. Somehow we both end up getting 10 points. Just doesn't seem right to me :( .

I'm the first to admit that the scoring system is far from perfect (I felt robbed more than once) but we can't change it that late in the season.

We should find a proportional way to increase the amount of points awarded when you get close to the real score, points margin or points scored by the suns, but that's not really easy.

And the fact that I take charge of the standings updates, including the future mess that such a system'll be, cools me off for sure.

Any idea is welcome for next year's challenge, though. :D

Last edited:

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eric and I should of both got 20 points for getting the suns score right and picking the leading scorer we only got 10 each:shrug:

OP
OP
O

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
But both you and Eric predicted a wizards win, so the fact you get the correct suns score doesn't worth any points.

Maybe we should have made the rules more clear but the bonus points awarded for the correct suns score works the same way as the bonus for the score margin, you need to find out the winning team to score that kind of bonus.

Last edited:

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can understand the point spread counting with the right team, But what does predicting the correct suns score have to do with who wins? The correct score is the correct score. Has this been the case all along?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
But both you and Eric predicted a wizards win, so the fact you get the correct suns score doesn't worth any points.

Huh? I've never heard that rule before.

Zett, I'll post a message to Amare32 and I assume he'll fix it.

OP
OP
O

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
zett said:
I can understand the point spread counting with the right team, But what does predicting the correct suns score have to do with who wins? The correct score is the correct score. Has this been the case all along?

Yes, 'til now I only awarded the correct score points to people who picked the winning team, (after asking Amare32 to be sure though, because that doesn't seemed clear for me in the beginning).

And for the whole "why this rule?" thing, I'd say that I didn't make the rules. :shrug:

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Obviously there are some holes in the rules and there are bound to be a few flaws as this is the first time running It. Next year the rules should be better explained and next year we will have people deciding on what rules to add or get rid of.

I guess from now on, you should be able to get points by picking the right Suns score even If they lost. I thought thats what we were doing but then again I'm not sure If I said otherwise or not.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Amare32 said:
Obviously there are some holes in the rules and there are bound to be a few flaws as this is the first time running It. Next year the rules should be better explained and next year we will have people deciding on what rules to add or get rid of.

I guess from now on, you should be able to get points by picking the right Suns score even If they lost. I thought thats what we were doing but then again I'm not sure If I said otherwise or not.

Amare32,
The rules have been expained and I do not think you should change them at this time. The correct score for the winning team was discussed in the 2nd week (I think) and you said you had to pick the winning team to get points for the correct score.. If you change now you will have to go back and to through all the ones that had the suns right score even if they lost etc.

We are not playing horseshoe here................:) :)

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
If thats what I said then yes we should stick to that and go over all of this next year

Forgive me, I'm on my 5th case of beer.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Amare32 said:
If thats what I said then yes we should stick to that and go over all of this next year

Forgive me, I'm on my 5th case of beer.

"5th case".............you mean 5th beer? I hope! :) :) :)