Suns @ Rockets Friday game thread 2-23-2024

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm sure Vogel is going to come up with a good strategy for the 2nd half.

Actually. No. I'm not sure of that at all.
Actually it looks like Vogel has good plans for the start of games, but doesn't adjust as the game goes along.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just saw Saban come in and give the Suns a spark the other night. We are shooting 38%, we couldn't use a guy driving to the basket right now?
I didn’t see him do any such thing.

saben isn’t our savior, I don’t think any free agent is either.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird lazy game in a back to back but these guys better wake up and start hitting shots! The Grizz are up on the Clipps as well at the half lol literally a team of nobody’s up on the Clips that’s as odd as us not being able to hit a damn 3!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I didn’t see him do any such thing.

saben isn’t our savior, I don’t think any free agent is either.
Not a savior, but an example of Vogel playing guys at wrong times. Jump shots not falling, let's drive to the basket. They start packing the paint, bring back the jump shooters. Kinda easy at times.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Lol

League Pass was showing the top 5 highlights from the all star game and the #1 was the only one that WASN'T from the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird lazy game in a back to back but these guys better wake up and start hitting shots! The Grizz are up on the Clipps as well at the half lol literally a team of nobody’s up on the Clips that’s as odd as us not being able to hit a damn 3!

The Rockets played last night as well.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
+24 points in threes or this is a laugher! Come on guys it some damn 3s this is modern day NBA can’t just get by without hitting threes when the other team is chucking and hitting them geesh. Frank is freaking clueless on matching up rotations it’s beyond ridiculous at this point into the season! You have to have a go to lineup when you need it, he just mixes and matches and hopes something works. It’s like we play with zero game plan which I’m sure is not the case but it looks like it! KD even yelling at dudes just standing around while getting trapped, so we not practice beating double teams? Just look like a poorly coached team to much talent to struggle with the likes of the rockets!

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Earlier KD got double teamed and he was yelling at teammates for not cutting to the basket. I agree. These guys have played basketball all their lives. They don't know to go to the basket or towards the guy getting doubled?
That's in the corner we were bailed out by refs. KD was calling for Allen to move towards him. We started again with moving the ball well, but became stationary as they used to, that made defense easy. Adding to that, we are integrating Young and reintergrating Bol, while RO not hitting anything almost like Okogie. KD's shooting touch is still not back yet. And Rockets defense getting better. A tough night again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying they didn’t but they are chucking and hitting threes and we look lethargic and can’t hit poo!

I'm just saying, neither of the teams are rested.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Defending the 3 is an issue
In transition and resetting defense situations, our players easily get lost. Too often 2 guys storming to one guy suggests their communication and instincts are not good enough. Booker and Allen are main culprits for that.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy reading through game thread I feel like I must be much more patient than I thought I was. I mean I get a little frustrated from time to time with the lack of consistency in the rotations however I couldn't even imagine wanting to fire Vogel given what he's been up against this year.

For starters I think some people here are thinking this is the past few years of the Western Conference this is the best the Western Conference has been in as long as I can remember. The young teams like OKC, Minnesota, sacramento, Houston are coming into their own Young players developing. The veteran teams Denver and the LA Clippers have been Super healthy.

The bottom line is that we are a very average western conference team if we aren't pretty healthy. If one or more of our big three are out we are going to struggle with against most of the western conference. Then if the other team gets hot from three and especially if we are missing hours it's going to be tough. We all just better pray to the sports gods that we can get healthy and stay healthy soon we are going to be at the bottom of the play –in. There's no room for error.

I still can't fault them for taking the trade gambles they have, but so far with the injuries it is just not panning out very well. I would still take Vogel any day of the week over Monty, and I wouldn't even think about replacing him until we see what we get from this team over the next year. Before anybody points out that we don't have a lot of time with the age of this roster… Again that's the gamble. Not really Vogel's fault.

Sorry, rant over. Enjoy the second half and go Suns!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Boy reading through game thread I feel like I must be much more patient than I thought I was. I mean I get a little frustrated from time to time with the lack of consistency in the rotations however I couldn't even imagine wanting to fire Vogel given what he's been up against this year.

For starters I think some people here are thinking this is the past few years of the Western Conference this is the best the Western Conference has been in as long as I can remember. The young teams like OKC, Minnesota, sacramento, Houston are coming into their own Young players developing. The veteran teams Denver and the LA Clippers have been Super healthy.

The bottom line is that we are a very average western conference team if we aren't pretty healthy. If one or more of our big three are out we are going to struggle with against most of the western conference. Then if the other team gets hot from three and especially if we are missing hours it's going to be tough. We all just better pray to the sports gods that we can get healthy and stay healthy soon we are going to be at the bottom of the play –in. There's no room for error.

I still can't fault them for taking the trade gambles they have, but so far with the injuries it is just not panning out very well. I would still take Vogel any day of the week over Monty, and I wouldn't even think about replacing him until we see what we get from this team over the next year. Before anybody points out that we don't have a lot of time with the age of this roster… Again that's the gamble. Not really Vogel's fault.

Sorry, rant over. Enjoy the second half and go Suns!
Sorry Joe, I usually agree with you but not on this. A good coach should be able to show competence with this group, and we have consistently see bad game management and lack of adjustment. And for a coach that is supposedly defense focused I don't see how you can give him a pass.

We aren't rebuildimg.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky