Suns sign Boo Buie to an Exhibit 10 contract

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some highlights. It looks like Buie has some game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boo Buie will be able to compete for an open two-way contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So this is what it feels like to have a G-League team again. The Suns are attracting some interesting players.
Last season they went for guys on bad teams looking to break out. That didn't work. They noticed what I did, other teams longer, younger, etc. No draft picks, so they are changing gears and going all in on as many young guys as they can get. We do need a couple vets though. Need at least one vet big, and one vet PG.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season they went for guys on bad teams looking to break out. That didn't work. They noticed what I did, other teams longer, younger, etc. No draft picks, so they are changing gears and going all in on as many young guys as they can get. We do need a couple vets though. Need at least one vet big, and one vet PG.

The Suns didn't have much to offer last season, only two-way contracts but nowhere to play. Now players see they have a real chance to make the team if they produce and they are only a few miles down the road.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is an excellent three point shooter and his range goes way out beyond the college line. He can shoot and pass. Too many turnovers. Grad student.

Reaction score
Some website claims Buie is an "excellent playmaker"; but by what standard? A starting point guard standard, or a shooting-guard-who-can-play-point-guard standard?

The fact that no one drafted him earlier, and the seeming lack of discussion of him playing point guard in college, gives me the impression that Buie is a tweener guard who theoretically knows how to handle the ball. I shrug at that.

The fact that Okogie just opted out makes me wonder if the Suns see Buie as a just a younger Josh Okogie who can shoot; not some kind of point guard. I think I'm going to ignore that someone called him a playmaker.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Some website claims Buie is an "excellent playmaker"; but by what standard? A starting point guard standard, or a shooting-guard-who-can-play-point-guard standard?

The fact that no one drafted him earlier, and the seeming lack of discussion of him playing point guard in college, gives me the impression that Buie is a tweener guard who theoretically knows how to handle the ball. I shrug at that.

The fact that Okogie just opted out makes me wonder if the Suns see Buie as a just a younger Josh Okogie who can shoot; not some kind of point guard. I think I'm going to ignore that someone called him a playmaker.
Yeah, watching that highlight package i get Mike James vibes from him. That's probably a bit unfair but there's probably a reason he wasn't drafted.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I think that 19/5 in the NCAA easily quialifies as a playmaker.

Besides, I don't see any correlation between Okogie's opt-out and signing of Buie.

Reaction score
I think that 19/5 in the NCAA easily quialifies as a playmaker.

Besides, I don't see any correlation between Okogie's opt-out and signing of Buie.
5 assists? This is the NBA that Buie plays for now, not the NCAA. This is also the Phoenix Suns, where our standards for assists were set by Kevin Johnson, *Elliot Perry, Jason Kidd, and Steve Nash.

*Yes, Elliot Perry. 15 assists in his first Suns game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
5 assists? This is the NBA, not the NCAA. This is also the Phoenix Suns, where our standards for assists were set by Kevin Johnson, Elliot Perry, Jason Kidd, and Steve Nash.
5 assists per game in college can be the equivalent of 8-10 in the NBA. Finishers are MUCH better in the NBA than they are in college.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 assists? This is the NBA that Buie plays for now, not the NCAA. This is also the Phoenix Suns, where our standards for assists were set by Kevin Johnson, *Elliot Perry, Jason Kidd, and Steve Nash.

*Yes, Elliot Perry. 15 assists in his first Suns game.
I don't know anything about Buie but 5 assists per game at the college level isn't bad especially depending on the specifics (who he plays with, pace etc). Steve Nash averaged fewer than 4 assists per game his first two years but even as a senior he only averaged 6 per game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm