Suns sign guard Collin Gillespie to a two-way contract

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns sign guard Collin Gillispie to a two-way contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh. I'd like to see more upside with a 2 way player, but seems like a solid and steady G League player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Collin Gillespie was on a two-way contract with the Nuggets last season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the Suns are looking at Gillespie as a future point guard candidate. He turned age 25 this past June.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the Suns are looking at Gillespie as a future point guard candidate. He turned age 25 this past June.

Maybe they have found a diamond in the rough or they are getting desperate. Time will tell. They have to do something for this position. I am just glad they appear to be past the "we don't need one".

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Villanova. Averaged nearly triple double in g-league. Shoots 39% from 3. Don’t know about him as a defender. Looks like he has proved about all he can in the G-league. Time to find out if he is an NBA player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they have found a diamond in the rough or they are getting desperate. Time will tell. They have to do something for this position. I am just glad they appear to be past the "we don't need one".

I think Gillespie gives needed depth at point guard, whether he ever plays on the 15-man roster or not.

I believe the Suns still add a point guard to their standard roster.

It would be nice to add a big man on a two-way contract as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a 2-way player? Seems like a no brainer. Looks like he could be better than Saben Lee, so... steps in the right direction at least.

I was thinking about a McConnell type player when the Suns signed him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some highlights of Collin Gillespie in college and when he was with the Nuggets.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. He is a true point guard, and he is on the roster. That is better than no one; which where the Suns have been.

In his defense, he is clearly a smart player, plays with supreme confidence in himself, he is not overly fast but just keeps moving until he gets his shot, master of little fakes that get him an extra inch or two of space. Actually Booker and Cp3 work the ball in a similar way. They just know the angles and can make use of very tight windows. He is an intriguing player.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Gillespie gives needed depth at point guard, whether he ever plays on the 15-man roster or not.

I believe the Suns still add a point guard to their standard roster.

It would be nice to add a big man on a two-way contract as well.

This is the second Two-Way deal we signed and we have 2 (or 3?) Exhibit 10 deals signed also. I imagine the best of the exhibit 10's will get the last Two-Way spot. We'll see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the second Two-Way deal we signed and we have 2 (or 3?) Exhibit 10 deals signed also. I imagine the best of the exhibit 10's will get the last Two-Way spot. We'll see.

Tyrese Samuel and Boo Buie are a couple of exhibit 10 contracts. There may be others.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if having some hungry aggressive young players on the team will get Booker and KD’s juices going. If I was the head coach I sit these young guys down and tell them that their job is to do everything they can to push the big 3 in practice.

Man I wish we could trade Beal for a decent true point guard.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. He is a true point guard, and he is on the roster. That is better than no one; which where the Suns have been.

In his defense, he is clearly a smart player, plays with supreme confidence in himself, he is not overly fast but just keeps moving until he gets his shot, master of little fakes that get him an extra inch or two of space. Actually Booker and Cp3 work the ball in a similar way. They just know the angles and can make use of very tight windows. He is an intriguing player.

Very good observation, he does work sideways a puts guys on skates a bit to get separation. I would like to see a bit more elevation on his shot though, but i guess that's one of the reasons he's a 2 way guy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He was very good collegiate guard. I think he’s the type of guy who actually make summer league a bit more enjoyable to watch. He won’t be the typical ball hog summer league pg

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s so different that we actually have a Gleage team it’s gonna be nice to get and develop some players and if an injury arises maybe we can pull someone from OUR system to fill in and not have to go after others scrubs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd