Suns sign Tyus Jones

Reaction score
I was also thinking that no contenders from 2023-24 must have wanted Jones enough to guarantee him a starting spot. If the Celtics, Mavericks or maybe Bucks had offered him a starting spot and at least as much money, why wouldn't he have gone to one of them instead. The Suns were probably the best team that actually wanted Jones to start.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was also thinking that no contenders from 2023-24 must have wanted Jones enough to guarantee him a starting spot. If the Celtics, Mavericks or maybe Bucks had offered him a starting spot and at least as much money, why wouldn't he have gone to one of them instead. The Suns were probably the best team that actually wanted Jones to start.
Holiday/white
Doncic/kyrie
Dame

Those teams already had superior point guards.

Reaction score
DAMN, only 1 post, had Tyus as a cheap pickup....BAM Suns get it done. Needed a strong PG, Morris off the bench.

Now get a big or two to come off the bench as well....Go get Okoro he would help, be cheap.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel we need another big

The Suns are lean and lack bulk except at center. They will probably give it a look and see where they are in October until the trade deadline before making an adjustment.

I'm not counting on rookies, but it would be nice to be surprised.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyus Jones explains how he can help the Suns.

BY KEVIN ZIMMERMAN ArizonaSports.com lead editor:

“Touching the paint for sprayouts, pushing the pace, kick-aheads, just moving the ball side-to-side,” Jones said of how he can help. “Second-to-third side possessions I think will be huge for us just making the defense work. Again, we got a lot of firepower, lot of offensive weapons, so not letting the defense off the hook. Making them work for a full shotclock … ultimately picking the pace up, moving the ball. That starts with me setting the tone.”

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've got Nurk, Plumlee, and Oso, and we can also run Bol or KD as a big in a pinch. I think we are ok.
No we are not.

Our Center spot might be passable but at forward we have
KD
Bol - cant defend anyone
Royce - 6 foot 4 and really more of a guard
Little - 6 foot 5 and bad offensively
Dunn - Off the charts bad offensively
Okogie - 6 foot 4 and bad offensively

We have to face teams like Minnesota with 4 6 foot 9 plus guys as starters, and Denver with Porter, Jokic, and Gordon.

The Suns only chance to compete is going to be to bomb from 3 and run. That might work in the regular season, but it is very unlikely to work in the playoffs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am really hoping the chemistry that Tyus sees will materialize.

Last year we needed a pg in the worst way. We also needed committed defenders.
No we are not.

Our Center spot might be passable but at forward we have
KD
Bol - cant defend anyone
Royce - 6 foot 4 and really more of a guard
Little - 6 foot 5 and bad offensively
Dunn - Off the charts bad offensively
Okogie - 6 foot 4 and bad offensively

We have to face teams like Minnesota with 4 6 foot 9 plus guys as starters, and Denver with Porter, Jokic, and Gordon.

The Suns only chance to compete is going to be to bomb from 3 and run. That might work in the regular season, but it is very unlikely to work in the playoffs.
Royce is a 6-6 forward. Little is a 6-6 forward. Both are listed that way almost everywhere. Mike Connolly is 6-0 and AE is 6-4 so unless Minny is starting 6 players they are starting 3 players 6-9 or taller. You can make your point without fudging the facts.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am really hoping the chemistry that Tyus sees will materialize.

Last year we needed a pg in the worst way. We also needed committed defenders.

Royce is a 6-6 forward. Little is a 6-6 forward. Both are listed that way almost everywhere. Mike Connolly is 6-0 and AE is 6-4 so unless Minny is starting 6 players they are starting 3 players 6-9 or taller. You can make your point without fudging the facts.
He's listed as 6'4 here https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealro01.html and that is what his height looked like to me when I saw him next to other Suns. My intention is not to lie, that is truly what I believe his height to be.

With the twolves I guess you are correct, but Jaden McDaniels plays a ton, as does Naz Reid. We already had a problem with them being too big for us and that was before replacing Grayson with Tyus.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky