Suns @ Spurs

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe this team is under achieving...

I know that's a cop out, but right now....

I believe just the opposite. I think this team is overachieving considering how bad defensively we are...a staple of a running team.

When it comes down to close game with a really good team we can't defend. You can't hide behind the high scoring trick and pony show when the game is close.

zod

Registered
Reaction score
Suns need to rebuild and get defensive minded players. The nash era has got to end.

stuntburn

Reaction score
I thank Steve for what he did, but he just doesn't have it anymore.

ya 23 points and 11 assists only!~!~!~! trade him in the offseason, horrible stats.

on a more serious note, hes our only clutch player. ya he had those turnovers, but without him we are nothing.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kerr doesn't blow out the defensive weaklings on this team(despite their face of the franchise status) and hire a proven HC that can ignite a change in the culture here i'm not watching next year and i won't give 2 $h!t's about what happens with this team.

Last edited:

zod

Registered
Reaction score
ya 23 points and 11 assists only!~!~!~! trade him in the offseason, horrible stats.

on a more serious note, hes our only clutch player. ya he had those turnovers, but without him we are nothing.

With him we are just pretenders.

He is a great offensive player but his defense is so bad its just disgusting.

The old cliche "Offense sells tickets but defense wins championships" is in playe here.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Didn't we win 2 or 3 in a row without him? Than lost 4 straight with him?

He is too old and getting worse and can only be effective in this frenetic style. We need to get value out of him before nobody wants him anymore at all.

stuntburn

Reaction score

The old cliche "Offense sells tickets but defense wins championships" is in playe here.

true, but today he wasnt as bad. and hes the only who plays defense with heart (most of the time), although he sucks he gives effort. if i look at other players in our team, they look like they arent trying.

but im not blind, i know this era needs to end, but i still think steve nash has alot to give.

maybe next year? a backup pg? but then who can we sign that can replace him? no-one so why is anyone wanting a new era.

are there any free agent point guards WE can even get next year? or in 2011? any phenominal college point guards? no

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

Because stats are all that matter, right? It doesn't matter that Nash is probably the worst defender in the NBA. Just watch him. He constantly gets beat by his man, or put into pick and roll situations because the opposition knows he and Shaq are so terrible against it.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Thats a taboo,a fallacy,an age old cliche,old hat,an ugly injustice to the integrity of this game,something people say when they can't score points....:sarcasm:

stuntburn

Reaction score
Didn't we win 2 or 3 in a row without him? Than lost 4 straight with him?

He is too old and getting worse and can only be effective in this frenetic style. We need to get value out of him before nobody wants him anymore at all.

well the first game without him we got blown away by the lakers. then we beat the raptors, which we should have, there a below .500 team

then we owned the lakers, but everyone knows that was luck

so a two win streak against a crap team and a lucky win against lakers

not that impressive if u ask me.

is it just me, or are others starting to question gentry. 6-6, in a critical time, IMO, he dosent have what it takes, fire him at the end of the season, trade some players for draft picks.

stuntburn

Reaction score
Because stats are all that matter, right? It doesn't matter that Nash is probably the worst defender in the NBA. Just watch him. He constantly gets beat by his man, or put into pick and roll situations because the opposition knows he and Shaq are so terrible against it.

i was gonna reply to this, but seeing ur a lobin lopez supporter, im gonna just let it go lol

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
i was gonna reply to this, but seeing ur a lobin lopez supporter, im gonna just let it go lol

Apparently you do not understand sarcasm.... :confused:

I actually think Robin Lopez is potentially one of the worst centers in the NBA. :)

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gentry is making the Suns under D'Antoni look like defensive juggernauts as the Suns' opponents are averaging 50.3% shooting % over the last 10 games (not counting today's game). :rolleyes:

Here's the opposing teams' shooting % while D'Antoni was the Suns' coach : 44.5% in 2004-2005, 45.5% in 2005-2006, 45.7% in 2006-2007, and 45.6% in 2007-2008.

stuntburn

Reaction score
lol hahaha wastedfate cant believe i didnt catch that

anyways ya....we all got brainwashed because he implanted the run and gun system again, so we thought he was a god.

now we are seeing the reality, 6-6, even worse defense, no consistency

hes even worse then porter""?? maybe?

all i know is fire him at the end of the season, and make some changes

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gentry is making the Suns under D'Antoni look like defensive juggernauts as the Suns' opponents are averaging 50.3% shooting % over the last 10 games (not counting today's game). :rolleyes:

Here's the opposing teams' shooting % while D'Antoni was the Suns' coach : 44.5% in 2004-2005, 45.5% in 2005-2006, 45.7% in 2006-2007, and 45.6% in 2007-2008.
Monkey see monkey do.
The D'Antoni coaching tree is getting off to a predictable start defensively.
DA first couple yrs he had a much better Nash,a legit defensive stopper in Bell,Joe Johnson,James Jones,Marion etc...and a gimmick offense that was still effective ....yet we still couldn't guard anybody when it mattered.
Gentry has Shaq. To be fair, Gentry prob wouldn't model his offense after DA if he wasn't coaching here as well as being stuck with Nash at the point.

Last edited:

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't bother to watch this one. Parker for 30 and killed the Suns in last quarter and last few plays? Yawn ... Can we have anything new? Please. Actually, I'm surprised it is just 30, not 40 or 50 ...

We tried to change the culture to play D as a team. Players think we were build to run. Now we are in the middle of nowhere. Sooner or later they will hang someone for this misery.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe if Tony Parker is hitting his jumpshot like he was on Sunday NO ONE in the league is going to shut him down! I believe if the refs don't swallow thier whistles when Bowen is molesting Nash we shoot a hell of alot more free throws. I believe if the whistles don't blow against the Suns every time one of the Spurs flail their arms about they shoot a lot less FT's. I believe the Suns because of their reputation for not playing defense get ridiculous calls against them when they do so it just further makes them have to back off. I believe if we were named the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics we would be allowed to play aggressive defense without whistles blowing every time down the court! Oh and I believe Kerr and Sarver SUCK and are running this team into the ground! end rant just needed to get some of this off my shoulders just watched the game on tivo!