Suns @ Spurs

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... THIS is what you guys are all excited for as we try to make the 8 seed? To have to watch this, or something similar vs. OKC for 4 straight games? Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

I'd rather see us make the playoffs then be the first team out but I don't think you'll find anyone that's all that excited over the prospect. I'm not going to be very disappointed if we miss out either, I'll just start dreaming about a miracle lottery draw instead. I think I'm interested in the possibility of the playoffs because it gives some meaning to the rest of the regular season games more than I'm actually looking forward to the postseason.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys do realize that we're still one ONE GAME BEHIND THE #7 SPOT right? Because Denver and Houston play each other in the next 2 games.

And as to us getting blown out, I don't think that would have happened if it wasn't a back to back and the team had to fly to SA the night before.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Are the Spurs that good or did the Suns just crap themselves in the biggest game of the year?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how Pop still hates the Suns so much?

He won't play Ginobili, Parker and Duncan against the Jazz cause he wants Utah to win and make sure PHX doesn't make the playoffs because the thinks the Suns will upset the Spurs in the 1st rd if PHX makes it.

Hmm...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Are the Spurs that good or did the Suns just crap themselves in the biggest game of the year?

It wasn't the biggest game of the year. This was a game the Suns could afford to lose, and they played like it.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score

The Suns is a good matchup for the Spurs but we would still struggle in the POs against teams with two big and talented bigs (Memphis and Lakers). Pop still won't play Duncan and Splitter together and Bonner or Blair cannot defend the post. Leonard (and SJax) is an upgrade from Richard Jefferson however.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Suns is a good matchup for the Spurs but we would still struggle in the POs against teams with two big and talented bigs (Memphis and Lakers). Pop still won't play Duncan and Splitter together and Bonner or Blair cannot defend the post. Leonard (and SJax) is an upgrade from Richard Jefferson however.

Yep... we literally have zero answers for Duncan and Blair... none. Those out-hustle mout-muscle and out finess anyone we toss at them. Gortat, Lopez and Frye are simply not capable of putting up even the slightest bit of defense against those two.