Suns tease the new uniforms

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like a knockoff you might find at a swap meet.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like a knockoff you might find at a swap meet.

Well, thats just a silk-screen t-shirt, not an actual jersey. Technically it IS a knockoff.

The sun burst is there, its just in silhouette, a bit more modern than the slightly cartoonish basketball/sun.

I've been pretty apprehensive, but what I am picture now... I think I kinda like em.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The half circle around the number is a slight nod to our most recent jersey. The streaks and slanted wordmark are a throwback to the Barkley era jersey and the sunburst on the shorts pays homage to our original unis.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the home and maybe alternate ones look pretty cool and the road ones not so much. On all of them, the waist lines look too high (bottoms should be a little shorter) and the ass stripe is goofy.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Actually kinda dig the new uni's.

Waiting for some better pics though. The stream SUCKED.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I hope the short sleeve ones have some kind of sweatstain control technology. LOL.

First impression is pretty good. I would shrink the font size on some of them, but definitely an improvement. The white ones kinda look the guys are wearing an undershirt with orange on it, but that might just be a video quality issue.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just say I'm underwhelmed. First two uniform designs have it beat hands down.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it could have been a lot worse.. Orange sleeved one are ugly.. No way I ever wanna see them ever.. I like the white ones the best though..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can live with the white and purple road jerseys, but those solid orange jerseys are beyond bad.

I hope the orange jerseys become an acquired taste, but I had a car similar in color when I was young and it became a bad joke.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

Not bad.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The white one Goodwin is wearing looks really nice. The need to fix the way single digit numbers look with the streaks and I'm not crazy about the butt stripe. I want to see the shorts up close to see the gray crap they have on them.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
And for anyone who hates the new uni's, I present you with:

You must be registered for see images

Yes, I know it was on the 1st page. But ...ugh.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Besides the obviously awful orange sleeve disaster... the only thing that really irks me is the ass-bib. That was a trend in ugly college jerseys for a while, I dont recall anyone ever saying "the NBA needs ass-bibs". The rest I dig.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can live with the white and purple road jerseys, but those solid orange jerseys are beyond bad.

I hope the orange jerseys become an acquired taste, but I had a car similar in color when I was young and it became a bad joke.
no doubt. I've always hated the orange jerseys period.

The purples are by far the best and I'd have preferred some purple in the home uni's too. I don't know what it is, but those stripes on the front give it a wnba feel to me for some reason.

There is a "City" trend going on now - The City (GS), Rip City and now Motor City. Maybe the Suns will come up with a "Suns City" uni.. :lol:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can deal with most of the uniform, but the numbers and streaks on the front are simply abysmal. Just terrible. I like the shorts and I even don't mind the sleeved unis, but those streaks ruin every one of the unis.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully the sleeved look dies fast. Golden State was roundly mocked when they wore their disasters last year (and I feel like their regular look is the best in the league). Its an experiment, the early feedback has been brutal, if it stays that way I bet we wont see them again within 2 years.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I can deal with most of the uniform, but the numbers and streaks on the front are simply abysmal. Just terrible. I like the shorts and I even don't mind the sleeved unis, but those streaks ruin every one of the unis.

I dont mind it personally, but it could look significantly better with maybe some small flames around the numbers or something. Or just an oultine of the sun around the numbers. Basically it just seems a little plain, but better than the previous ones.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wish the purple was home and white away.

the orange uni's need some purple in them, not black.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake