Suns to work out Stephane Lasme

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
6'8" 215 lbs. is hardly a PF/C and pretty much tells me everything I need to know. Although, I am encouraged by the new management's depth of search for potential talent. Janning, Siler, Reynolds, and now Lasme. None of these guys may make it in the NBA, but at least we are leaving no stone left unturned. You'll never find that diamond in the rough if you aren't digging. This also leads me to believe that we are extremely proactive looking for potential trades to improve the team.

Vellasco

Reaction score
I've watched all Celtics pre-season games.This guy has tremendous athleticism with his explosive verticals. Remind me Igoudola. Dont know what will look like with suns but he definitely impressed me.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Hoopshype is speculating that the Bucks are about to cut Brian Skinner. He's probably the best option out there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns may also look at some others. See article from Paul Coro dated 10-24-10.

The Suns recently worked out Stephane Lasme among other players. Lasme, 27, is a 6-foot-8, 215-pound power forward with 16 NBA games who Boston recently waived.

The Suns are waiting on a decision from free-agent center Erick Dampier but also have one to make. They must decide whether he would fit, how he could take a player's rotation spot and how long it would take him to get ready to play. The Suns also could look at Earl Barron, Mikki Moore or Chris Richard.

Add link: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...enix-suns-season-tinkering-few-specifics.html

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yuck all around. My optimism wanes further every day.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns should take a look at Earl Barron. 7-0, 250. And, unlike Siler, Barron has shown that he can play at this level, even if it was on a bad team and only over a short time. In 7 games last year with NY Barron averaged a double double in 33 minutes a game.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I warned you. Three months from now I'll be the last optimist standing.:D

Steve

I know...I keep telling myself to be positive, but hearing Nash and others unable to drop the party line anymore is getting depressing:

"The uninspiring preseason play prompted Nash to reintroduce a theme of becoming overachievers.

"After last year, we really felt like we could've won a championship," Nash said. "So we come back this year wanting to win. I don't know if that's a realistic goal for us. But I spent four months this summer and a month of training camp feeling like I'm trying to get to the top.

"It's hard as a competitor to convince yourself every day all summer and through the preseason that you're going to get back where you were and hopefully take the next step and then you realize camp is starting all over again and it's not quite as linear as you made it out to yourself all summer.

"So maybe we need to take a step back, regroup, be a little bit more patient, build a really good team and see how good we can be later in the year."

It's just a real shame for guys like Nash and Grant, one game away from the finals last year, and now stuck on a mediocre team that will be fighting to even make the playoffs. I hope if we're out of contention by mid-season, that the FO does the right thing and at least give these guys a chance to compete for a team that actually cares about winning.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know...I keep telling myself to be positive, but hearing Nash and others unable to drop the party line anymore is getting depressing:

"The uninspiring preseason play prompted Nash to reintroduce a theme of becoming overachievers.

"After last year, we really felt like we could've won a championship," Nash said. "So we come back this year wanting to win. I don't know if that's a realistic goal for us. But I spent four months this summer and a month of training camp feeling like I'm trying to get to the top.

"It's hard as a competitor to convince yourself every day all summer and through the preseason that you're going to get back where you were and hopefully take the next step and then you realize camp is starting all over again and it's not quite as linear as you made it out to yourself all summer.

"So maybe we need to take a step back, regroup, be a little bit more patient, build a really good team and see how good we can be later in the year."

It's just a real shame for guys like Nash and Grant, one game away from the finals last year, and now stuck on a mediocre team that will be fighting to even make the playoffs. I hope if we're out of contention by mid-season, that the FO does the right thing and at least give these guys a chance to compete for a team that actually cares about winning.

I agree with everything except your closing remark. I think this organization proved they cared about winning this offseason. They tried hard to re-sign Amare and once they lost him they spent a lot of money on other assets. Unfortunately, they also proved they have a very poor understanding of how to put together a winning team. Now, with a new FO in place perhaps they'll start making the moves necessary to turn this team around but for awhile at least, we are going to suffer.

As for your Nash quotes, I'll give you one more (I put this in another thread). Nash said "If we don't come together as a team, it will be glaring what we miss with Amare out of here". And he's right, it will be glaring what we miss with Amare out of here. It will be glaring, in part, because Amare is a very good power forward but mostly because we replaced him with crackers and cheese.

Steve

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think this organization proved they cared about winning this offseason. They tried hard to re-sign Amare and once they lost him they spent a lot of money on other assets. Unfortunately, they also proved they have a very poor understanding of how to put together a winning team.

Ah, but Steve, we know where good intentions lead, and it's ain't pretty... :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Help, help, I've fallen and I can't get up!

You know, as bad as I expect this team to be, I'm still looking forward to the start of the season. I plan to focus on the little things without paying too much attention to the score. I want to see Dragic and Lopez continue their development. Hopefully, they'll take another step forward to becoming players you can build around. If that happens and if Lawal should actually show NBA potential we might actually live long enough to see them turn this thing around. That's worth getting up for.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know, as bad as I expect this team to be, I'm still looking forward to the start of the season. I plan to focus on the little things without paying too much attention to the score. I want to see Dragic and Lopez continue their development. Hopefully, they'll take another step forward to becoming players you can build around. If that happens and if Lawal should actually show NBA potential we might actually live long enough to see them turn this thing around. That's worth getting up for.

Steve

Trading Nash might become the best rebuilding tool we have should things go south quickly. This moment is the first time I have ever considered that a possibility.

to a contender for promising young players and picks. Orlando, OKC?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading Nash might become the best rebuilding tool we have should things go south quickly. This moment is the first time I have ever considered that a possibility.

to a contender for promising young players and picks. Orlando, OKC?

I've thought all along that his presence in Phoenix should be tied to Amare's presence. If we were a contender and could afford to keep Steve's minutes to 25 or less per game I'd have kept him but that possibility ended the moment Amare signed with NY.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
No one is going to give up promising young talent and picks for Nash. It just isn't going to happen. It has already been demonstrated that Nash's game is less effective in the playoffs, because increased fouling is permitted and Nash doesn't have the same room to operate.

I'm sure there are lots of teams who wouldn't mind having Nash for free, or would particularly love to swap out a bad contract for him. But no team is going to give up part of their future for Nash. Why this fantasy persists is beyond me.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Lasme, size & hops are very reminiscent of Marion. He's not what we need but if he defends straight up okay and rebounds like Shawn I'd rather have him on the floor than Warrick. Spectacular blocks don't win ball games but maybe they would get the second unit juiced up on the defensive end - which is very badly needed.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I don't imagine they'll sign Lasme. There's bound to be several bigs that get cut shortly. Sometimes teams can't keep everyone they'd like to. Probably an older guy - Lawal is probably as good as any young guy they could nab.

I've decided to take an optimistic view of Gani being made inactive - the only good thing it could mean is that Clark is finally showing some basketball wits...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05