Suns Training Camp, October 1st through 4th, 2024

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Totally agree.

That team last year was broken in many ways. Since it's 85% the same team I am skeptical it will be much different but hopefully I am wrong.

A bit of an exaggeration. We are upgraded just about everywhere from the guys last year. Losing EG and Eubanks was addition by subtraction.

I hope KD is ready to run. Booker is young and has proven his willingness to play in many different styles so I don't see him holding up the offense. Beal played quick in Washington but I'm not sure how his body will hold up running a lot, again. Durant is the question mark though as he's 36+ years old with a lot of miles on his legs. He's been more of an ISO player than anyone else. Time will tell. I believe Bud will get on his case if he is holding back the system but whether he has support from the front office to do so is another question mark.

I think we can play with more ball movement and not necessarily more player running/exertion.

I already said it once; do not expect Durant to change his play style. I think he will be good at attacking in transition, in the open court, he's always been very good at that, however, when he gets the ball and a defender in on him, he is going to look to slow it down, try to beat the guy one on one and do his usual midrange ISO routine. He said as much today:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I do think we have potential to be an elite offense, but I also expect we will see a lot of Durant not sticking to the system and similar amount of plays where he passes up easy shots in favor of dribbling his way into a very difficult midrange shot.

He's a great player and it's just who he is.

Also, Bud would be best served to NOT get on Durant's case. He's made it quite clear that he is adverse to criticism.

His style definitely doesn't increase the pace, something we lacked.

I agree, 100%.

I just don't think it will play out that way.

Durant wasn't willing to ditch his slow playing, isolation instincts on the Warriors, even after Draymond tried to fight him over it... he isn't going to do it here.

Hopefully he plays within the offense more often than not, but I have no doubt that we will see several possessions per game where the ball swings to him and he hunches over and tries to break down the defense off the dribble and pulls up for a long, contested, 2 pointer, even if he was open from 3 when he got the ball.

It is who he is.

I chuckled a bit an earlier post, forgot who, about KD and GS where KD loved it. We tried to play with pace but we saw KD bog the offense down. Hopefully he buys in more this year.

I love me some Brednon Kleen. I heard him and Gerald Bourget asking questions on Suns media day.

I listen to his shows to pass time or have noise, he just rambles and rambles, I hardly ever agree with him, some of his takes are just off. I do like his guests tho, they are pretty insightful.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet at GoPHNX takes a look at Ty Ty Washington today. It's free to read and listen.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Interesting. I've been working out consistently for the last 2.5 years, for the first time in my life, while cutting. I'm finally within 8 pounds of my goal which will put my ectomorph body at only 144 pounds. (I weighed over 200 pounds for much of my adult life and as high as 218.) It will be interesting to see if I get similar reactions or not.
When you are at your weight, which I was when I was a teen. Instead of asking "Do I look bigger?" I would instead say, "Guess how much I weigh?" No one ever got within 20 pounds of my actual weight. They would all guess 175, 180. I would tell them 140 and they would call out BS. Of course in the gym, I would step on the scale and they would be shocked.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet at GoPHNX takes a look at Ty Ty Washington today. It's free to read and listen.

These previews are fantastic. Gerald proving once again that he's the best beat writer in the Valley.